UD training bgs

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Burcho, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

*taken from KTCAOP's beginner guide*

I personally like the Grimlic's Legion bg. Not many training bgs have shatter, so the demon shields are good. Seeing people waste huge amounts of hp and ap to try kill a pincushion and then to call it superior, warms my heart. :)

Here an overview of what you get and some points how to use the runes. Badgerale or others might make proposals for improvements. 9 different champs is low in my opinion, but might be good as it is a training bg not meant to have too many different abilities/options.

Public Deck Grimlic's Legion
    Champions

Deep Elf Priestess (*reminder to myself, mention the updates per champ)
    Deep Elf Priestess poison 2, multiattack 2
    Deep Elf Summoner
    Deep Elf Summoner
    Goblin Archer
    Goblin Archer
    Grimlic
    Imp mischief - dodge 1
    Imp
    Pincushion
    Pincushion
    Pit Dragon
    Pit Dragon
    Scorched Dwarf pariah - mason 2 (only use when you have priestess, summoner or grimlic out, demon ELF bound, pariah makes superiority not possible)
    Succubus charm 2, fire resist 2
    Succubus

Spells

Dark Pact (hardly used by me, mostly deploying another champ is better)
    Demolish (good against stealthed relics, or bundled ones)
    Fire Blast
    Fire Blast
    Retribution (ideal against avatars)
    Sacrifice (*reminder to myself, included the 85% price to all champs)
    Sacrifice
    Superiority (very good range, good alt damage, source of detect)
    Superiority

Relics

Head of Osarius (expensive but combined with stealthed imps, it can make your opponent lose time to retake his font)
    Head of Osarius
    Mark of Sheoul (always good)

Equipment

Demon Shield (not a lot of shatter makes it a good equip, use only on grimlic, dep or des)
    Demon Shield

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

*reserved*

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Dark pact is an awful thing to put in a deck which is both for newbies and will be used single player a lot.

There is also a lot of range champs which is hardly a goos introduction to UD.

Other than that though I'd say it's decent.

4. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Head of Osaris is supposed to be shadowstealthed, but is it? I never see the darkened screen animation and the AI seems to have no problem finding it and killing it. What do I do with summoners? Pawn is ok, but they make for crappy frontline champs. If I use them for invig, having 2 seems kinda pointless. The imps they generate are so very, very bad that it seems like a complete waste of ap.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Stealthed relics don't have a visual indicator - I have flagged this up to gedden in the past.