Underdepths/Forsaken Wastes what should we expect?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Combust, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Combust

Combust Well-Known Member

Greetings,

I wanted to start a thread on UD/FW, specifically demon/vampyre decks. I previously had a deck revolving around the bleed and life siphon effect, but since the revamp most of my champs i'm looking at now have the OPTION to choose between life siphon, bleed, lifedrinker, or some other ability. now i see a HUGE oppurtunity to run the spell vampirism. do you guys see what i mean? elder bloodbinder will boost the effects of lifedrinker, blood orbs, drain (on bloodgaurd), and LIFE SIPHON of course :). retain the lower cost of the latter abilities instead of life siphon on all my champs means full effect of vampirism. and of course you can throw 2 anathemas and a skull of decay to stop their healing effects (demonvein vamp inhibits as well).

So the grand scheme of things is neverending life for my champs... under the right conditions. i still do believe that these kind of decks can be viable but not so much having bleed and life siphon on every champ and to make big plays with lifedrinker ability (which choosing over life siphon will make your runes more efficient). your thoughts?

ALSO, what are your thought on shoul magus (range becoming 1, and the switch to more of a utility unit assuming you run shatter on your magus)? i have a close eye on this guy...

2. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

My greatest fear about life siphon decks is that you are going to run into a death benefit that uses anathema and decay which will lead to a bad time. It's also why I will never run a mind games necrotuar and never again attempt a disease BG. Every deck has a weakness it just always feel like this one would be to big to overlook.

Pushing that to the side why would you run vampirism the spell in a UD/vamp deck? I would think there is a enough base life siphon and life drinker to provide the healing you needed. Any outlier demons would just have to work around blood balls. Vamprism looks like it benefits zombies than vampire center based due to the fact that zombies lack healing and have large access to Inhibit which stops healing. I personally like the setup of the blood magic safety net vampire have going right now. One could only hope this type of interaction is strengthened in later patches.

I am personally working on an all melee FW/UD set up with Carrion Colosuss and Greater Pit Fiend as finishers. It still feels like theres to much info to process between the 2 using zombies and demons together. I'm not sure if combing all the of the UD power turns with FW power turns is to risk compared to utilizing both UD and FW debuffs etc. It's fun to toy with at least. Be a battle between that and whatever FW/SL deck I get going.

3. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Vampirism (the spell) might have a place in a Bleed-focused deck. It'd let you have your cake and eat it, too, so to speak, enabling Bleed interactions while also getting those on-hit heals. Bleed is 4 nora cheaper than Siphon, so Vampirism actually doesn't cost as much to play since you're saving 4 nora on every deploy.

Also, don't forget that Soulreave will get around Decay and Rotting Blows, letting you keep up the pressure without taking the hits yourself.