Unleash Memories

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by TeaNinja, Nov 20, 2016.

1. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

When do you find it most beneficial to use this ability? Obviously the more charges the better, but I'm talking about timing.

For example;When you deploy Keeper of Memories you can use this ability to gain 4 nora. Then by the time it's off cooldown Keeper should have a decent amount of charges to cash in. Or is better to wait a turn or two until you use it for a higher turn in? The drawback to that is that you don't get a second Unleash Memories if you're dead by then.

So do you have any strategies with this ability?

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Generally you'd want to deploy him at the beginning of your powerturn/before you kill a bunch of stuff. His cost means that you likely won't be deploying any other champs in the same turn as him.
    Basically only deploy him when you know that you can get him a bunch of charges quickly, otherwise he won't really be worth it due to losing a charge each round.

Qucas and TeaNinja like this.
  3. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Unleash Memories is meant to an extension to achieve something within the turn you're casting it in. So realistically it is best left off until there is a clear advantage your opponent didn't account for.

Keeper is going to be a priority target, naturally, due to it's high cost, swell performance as a very tanky ranged unit and the ability to generate Nora. Generally, given current map rotations and Nora cost of champions, it is a solid deploy after either capping your first font or as back up when you intend to strive for mid. The reason you'd want it within the early stages is that the current pace of the game tends to be very fast, so by the time you get him out you'll be getting charges from both deploys and upcoming champion deaths, so charges will never be at a negative from there on.

Considering how much Nora you're spending on the champ and it's potential, make sure to have some support spells at hand and be wary/careful with his positioning when you can afford to do so (Retreat might be worth it this time).

Edit: sad face at Unleash Memories not even taking a tiny bit of Nora from your opponent :c

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Qucas and SireofSuns like this.
  4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

out of curiosity do you run the yeti in non yeti decks, or just in yeti?