Unranked to Ranked glitch and bug abuser in-game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pipster, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

2x Garin is totes WAI, it says so on the back of the rune. Right?

reskk likes this.
  2. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Hey Strings,

Firstly, I've reported the Garin bug on the official medium from the moment I found out about it

Secondly, let me correct you. My current iteration of my Kanen BG does not run any Garins, and 1x Kiergana. Nor have I ever run 2x Garin.

EDIT: So to answer your question, no it's not hypocritical or in any way comparable to what this guy was doing before he got the banhammer.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

It's stupid that he did this, but I guess I still don't understand the glitch. He is making an unranked game for people to join, then once they do he checks the box and turns it into a ranked game. Is this right?

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pretty much, yes.

PurpleTop likes this.
  5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

6. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

OK, I've been playing this game for a while now, but not Ranked much at all. I went to the Battlegrounds, clicked on Create Game. I see the Unranked check (x) box and it is checked as default. However, it will not allow me to remove the x. Will it become enabled to remove the x once someone joins the game? Just trying to understand the issue.

7. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

It has nothing to do with the unranked box, as I said earlier, that box is just there for aesthetics and you can't uncheck it (and rightfully so, you shouldn't be able to pick and choose who you played ranked with). The glitch involves some other manipulation that I'm not aware of.

EDIT: You know what, I'm going to have to eat my words. It's exactly as you said Gaedel, you can't untick it until somebody joins you, upon which you can untick the unranked box and indeed pick and choose who you play ranked with it seems, I just tested it.

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

It's sad to know that he only got a 10 minute ban for this -_-

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If we could ban him 10 mins for every time he screwed over a new player by rankfarming or sharking, he would get a perma.

10. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

The funny thing is that most of the high ranked players que dodge the people that are actually good anyways so that they can farm the lowbies. This guy just used a bug to do it without taking any risk of pulling a good player.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  11. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Ok, at least when I'm ready to play Ranked games I know what I need to do. Thank you all.

12. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I too dont understand this bug. It looks like he has been playing ranked games

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He creates a game, it looks unranked. But he only plays noobs.

14. naushika

naushika Member

Well, I was looking for Sarnghavian centaurs a while ago and he offered me one for my lich magistrate - luckily I found out they were craftable via forge

15. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Nice catch man. Good job Greens and ranked here I come!!! Lol jk. Im barely on as it hehe. On another note. Anyone gotta Fan Faire they are looking to trade?