Update on few things please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxLordQxx, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No effectiveness of its own, except of course lich kings and 30 damage serkans, not to mention coragh running around with three HP bars ... But nah, all not effective compared to a 40 HP 0 DEF 10 damage boghopper :rolleyes:

2. Boozha

Huh? Generally FS champions are very squishy and have moderate damage. Of course there are some exceptions ... about which one could hold longer forum debates ...

In addition, FS lacks core machnics; there is no utterly meta anti-equip champ, there is practically no runnable cleanse, there is no AoE spell damage of note ... All that balances out the good bonus. Oh, and our font bonus is I guess the second worst.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Lich Kings were meant to be a ranged harassment, not nukes. It annoys me to no end he can get that way. Serkan is the oddity that Grimlic is.... Coragh is a Zombie, makes sense for him to have a lot of HP.

The entire faction was set so only 1 of 3 things can happen. Either you build to counter everything, you build a theme, and neglect possibly important counters, or attrition. So far they have gotten away from their roots.

Some factions need a reset of sorts.

4. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Er, I must not be as pro at this game as you. I don't find FS champs to be, "generally," very squishy or have moderate damage.

So things that a faction is missing balances out it's bonus?
    So things ST is missing balances out its faction bonus? How about the other factions?
    I see zero connection between what a faction is missing and the effect on bonus balance.

BurnPyro and Netherzen like this.
  5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

High stats/strong abilities have high cost,if you think its unbalanced then voice your opinion and if something is really op,it should be balanced.

I dont really see pirhanids,moog and Hydraxor as "very squishy and have moderate damage" champions.Picking an underpowered rune like boghopper to represent entire faction is silly.You have cleanse,anti equips and pseudo aeo and also useful tools like slipwater,bubble of protection,drown,undertow,hippo stampede and reverbrating blast.

No effectiveness of its own outside a faction bonus which gives extra nora,except of course pirhanid bloodfind and frenzied pirhanid running around with 9 speed,15 damage and life siphon, not to mention hydraxor running around with armor plating and 3 heads ... But nah, all not effective compared to a 44 HP 4 speed 5 damage festering corpse :rolleyes:

6. Boozha

Boghoppers are all squishy save for Kartch, who is still rather undefensive, Gekaal, who has great theoretical defenses the enemy damn well better not counters or you are arsed, and crabman, who, to balance that out, deals no damage at all. And also crosses over to semi aquatics. Pirahnid are all squishy. Mirefolk are all squishy save for the templar.

Yes, I do think factions are balanced by what they are missing; ST has a worse faction bonus than FS, but it has some of the best AoEs, champ cleanse, champ antiequip, good detection, global cleanse and a load of other wonderful stuff. For all I care that amounts to balance, really. The only real way to determine balance is looking at win/loss ratios between factions at different ranks anyway ...

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

To be fair, the pirahnids are pretty squishy. They're like glass nuclear bombs.

TheBulwark likes this.
  8. Boozha

I never said it was unbalanced, I only said it was effective.

I specifically excluded moog and hydraxor as you should have noted. And pirahnid are squishy, what the hell are you talking about. With life siphon you have to one turn or cc two of them more or less, but oneturning them is easy due to their lack of defensive abilities.

9. Netherzen

The fs support champions(like Circadian Enchantress with global cleanse for mirefolk)and spells(like bubble of protection) can easily compensate for any squishiness.The two most useful resources: ap and nora,are most abundant in fs.

Edit:Not to mention that the fs font bonus is not as crappy as you said because the water provided by it is a huge boon to semi aquatics.

10. Makorov

Hoppers are squishy? Moreso than champs from other factions? They're very cheap champs. I would hope they aren't godlike tanks.
    Gekaal's also got decent damage output.

Pirahnids are insane bombs. They're squishy but luckily they're not stupidly expensive, have access to massive AP gen, cleanse, heals, Bubble...
    Mirefolk/Semis/FS CHAMPS are not anymore squishy than champs from other factions.

For all you care that amounts to balance? Lol alright man, you're 100% right.

FS doesn't have nice things.

BurnPyro and Netherzen like this.
  11. Boozha

FS has lots of nice things, thats why I play it. I love the style. I just disagree with the sentiment "FS is OP because 6 nora a turn literally heals cancer".

12. Netherzen

I see now why people call you a faction zealot.Thanks for making me understand.

Ballballer and Saandro like this.
  13. Makorov

@Boozha But in all honesty you can't say FS doesn't have one of the stronger bonuses in the game.

I just don't like how you try to downplay (terribly too) FS's power and utility.

You come off as a ridiculous zealot. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just letting you know my opinion.

14. Boozha

So I am a zealot because I say FS is not OP? o_O

Of course it is one of the stronger bonuses. It also has a nice spellset of which many parts are not found in other factions, like the poison clouds, bubble, stampede and the like.

I am not saying FS would be weaker than any other faction either; in fact, I would put it above FW in an instant at the moment, above SL probably ... rest I can't really judge, aside of definitively putting it below IS.

15. Netherzen

You are a zealot because you focus on one faction,you cant see the balance of it,which you constantly present as less then it actualy is,and blindly attack discussions about fs balance,but its ok,you said lets nerf one horribly broken rune that is hydraxor,so you obviously cant be a zealot.

16. Boozha

So ... I am a zealot because I say FS is not OP? o_O

17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Please change our bonus so these weenis bags can find something else to cry about. I seriously do not care about 6 more nora per turn so tired of these douchey whiners who think they are better cuz they are playing something other than FS. For those who want to know more about boghoppers there are 41. We have 12 ranged boghoppers 2 out of 12 have 1 or more armor(Kartch, boghopper mentor) the rest have 0 armor. *Darkmarsh fury gains 2 armor when impassioned activates, and lest I forget there are 3 ranged hoppers that can upgrade domain water for +1 armor. We now pay for our leap ability it costs 7 nora if we really want leap 3. Boghopper Huntmaster now is costed at 81 nora which is expensive but worth it. Of the 41 boghoppers 7 have 2 or more armor. After playing countless games I can say Darkmarsh Enforcer, and Swampguard Crusher are our only true tanks(bog paladins armor and healing are easily by passed by most smart players so I dont count him much). Turtle Rider is just too damn expensive for what he brings to the table besides turtle meat for draksars. 48% of our hoppers average 40 hps or less without the banner. Over all hoppers cost more
    and I have not compared their stats to other factions who generally get a stat boost of some kind making them heartier faster or stronger than hoppers. IS does not need these bonuses seeing as how they have 8 or more sources of sunder and the butt kicking combo of tales of valor/tac manual put on an angel or a master axeman.

18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

You're a zealot because you can't push aside your single-faction mindset/tunnel vision. Don't take it personally, it takes actual thinking to figure that out.

Netherzen and BurnPyro like this.
  19. Boozha

I am sorry, that is not a sentence that makes any sense. Really, it doesn't. It has, rationally analyzed, no coherent meaning. What is "single-faction mindset/tunnel vision" supposed to mean? What do you hope to describe with that mess of a term? And how does it correlate to "zealot"?

At least answer me one easy questions please so I at least know where you stand: Do you think that FS is the strongest faction at the moment?

20. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

God, the pain.

Someone told me once, that AoE spells vs grouped up opponents is cheap and unskilled. Then he played tac manual axeman.