Update on my hate filled rampage through this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Carling, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Andrew Carling

Andrew Carling I need me some PIE!

I did some re-installing, flipped a few of the arbitrary settings, and things seem to be better. Honestly the biggest issue I had, and I know it sounds insignificant but if you have played with it, it is so damn annoying. So that was fixed, and now there are just the issues everyone is dealing with. And its not so bad I guess, some of things are just new and different, and some seem to be just bad but it will all get better in time I suppose. The issues with balance are getting out of hand though, fire decks have a huge leg up and it sucks that no one can do anything about it apparently. The champion movement is still god awful but if you take your time you can be careful about it, other little things are just annoying.

Overall I just want to say I'm happy that DoG is at least trying to make big steps even if they arent doing great imo. I love this game, I played it before runescape, before dragon quest, before guild wars, before LoL, and I still play it now that all of those have fallen in their own ways. I work at home for a call service, and it is the perfect game to play on the side. Firk all of you in general still, but I want to apologize to @Sokolov for being rude to him personally - I do respect you even if we can all be asses sometimes. Anyways, I'm going to go back to showing these easy mode single player campaigns what a god is.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  2. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

I downloaded the new client today for the first time, and it seems that 3 GB RAM on my laptop is no longer enough to play the game. (It does say on Download page that you need 4 GB RAM to play.)

3. Andrew Carling

Really? Huh, back in the day you could honest to god run it on a toaster. That is a shame.

4. Andoid

Andoid Member

I have only 3GB of ram. :(

5. Andrew Carling

One of the things I love about the game is how I could always run it super easily, but that has been getting worse and worse. That is kind of expected in this day and age though to be honest.

fogandsteel likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

great to see you are finally coming out the other side of the change curve :)

7. fogandsteel

Well, did it work for you? Perhaps my problems also stem from some other technical characteristics of my laptop.

8. Andoid

Andoid Member

Did you download it on steam or poxnora.com because it wouldn't work at all on the website for me but steam worked fine other than the bugs?

9. fogandsteel

poxnora.com

The client starts, but it takes forever to load solo campaigns and to verify (or whatever the word) my deck.

10. Andoid

Andoid Member

Try the Steam version may get better results, I don't have them problems.

You still login with your PoxNora account so it's the some.