Upgrade Talk

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I thought it might be useful and helpful to start a thread where we discuss which upgrades we use on certain champs. Have a question on which upgrades are best? Feel free to post and we can discuss the merits of the various options. Cheers!

2. Xirone

I'll start off with one....

I was looking for a cheap champion to add for a side-font contester and to take the brunt of Sabotage: X abilities. I came across Mountain Garu and can't decide which rank of Berserker to commit to. With Berserker 2 upgraded he is incredibly cheap (51 nora) but only accrues 7 AP a round. With Berserker 3 upgraded he becomes 60 nora but gets 8 AP each round. 51 nora is so cheap it makes me want to take it but Berkerker 3 allows him to double attack without support.

Which upgrades would you use on the Mountain Garu?

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

60 nora is still extremely cheap for an 8-speeder so I would run zerker 3. It also makes him a pretty scary bruiser and 60 nora for such an amount of stats is worth it imo.

Xirone likes this.
  4. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

It's been a while since I've run him, but I almost always run him at Berserker 3. I normally run him as a supporting combat champ though.

Xirone likes this.
  5. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

Nectar fairy: Divert or shroud? I like divert in fairies, personally

6. Etherielin

In my case I am split between Vitality: Nora and Adaptive on Chained Fae. I run adaptive but was considering vitality as of late.

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Wild elf - berserk attack or deep wounds?
    Deep wounds gives +0, +6, then +12 for 6 more nora,
    Berserk attack gives +4 each time and goes through stuff like one with nora BUT doesn't proc rend, or get reduced by multi, and decreases def.

Also wild elf is really frickin good.

8. 5amb0

I only run 5 spells in fairies and no real nora gen so, i usually run stat bonus health. edit, if vitality nora pros off the chained fae gaining 5 nora it is a better bang for your buck as 5 procs lead to 10 hp

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  9. 5amb0

seems like personal preference on deep wounds. Its good b/c its not a basic, and on 2 attacks you get +8 instead of +6, and after 3 attacks its equal at +12 dmg. Depends how long he lasts, really

10. Etherielin

I run her in magic amp which features lots of spells. Btw Vitality: Nora procs on Chained Fae's nora generation, so you might want to change that upgrade. :p

11. Xirone

I really like Shroud on her if I am running her in other decks. In a fairy deck, I'd probably use Divert. I guess my choice has to do with how many HP my champs have. If most champs have low HP, I'd go with Divert and if most champions have normal/high HP, I'd use Shroud.

12. Xirone

Last time I used him was when Deadly Tracker had Deep Wounds and so I went with Deep Wounds. Nowadays, Berserk Attack 3 is what I'd take. He is 66 nora with that upgraded and can with for 17 damage (with banner).

13. Xirone

I always go with Nora: Vitality. Each time a Wizard/Fairy is deployed Chained Fae generates nora and so she triggers her own Vitality ability. If your opponent plays a little nora gen she will not likely die (without opposing nora gen she lasts for a long, long time).

Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  14. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

I know this is a upgrade thread, but have you guys looked again at Occuli Slag. It has class Wizard and can Replicate, and with Pride, Boost, and Chains, its stats are pretty solid. Also, it can work with Combined Effort to generate some serious nora, which in turn would benefit Chained Fae.