Useless IG links--"What big eyes you have..."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galandra, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

Since clicking Marketplace, Rune Manager, Rune Forge, or Rune Trader while in-game still opens a browser window and forces us to login, where's the advantage over the SOE system of opening the same links in a separate browser? Looks like a lot of wasted dev time to accomplish precisely the same thing.

Even if the extra login was removed, still, what's the point? It's not true integration of rune managing with the game. Sorry, but even dressed in Granny's clothes, a wolf is still a wolf.

Suggesting DOG stop wasting time putting lipstick on pigs or nighties on wolves.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Goyo likes this.
  3. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

Huh? I said nothing about wanting or not wanting to use it. My post was about the waste of dev resources engendered by the all too common failure to consider if a new UI feature has any reason to exist, prior to its creation. It only does if it a) solves a problem, or b) adds perceived value (by saving time or money, by adding fun or convenience, etc.) to the game. Unless they are planning to eliminate the browser version, or planning to fully integrate the new UI modules into the game client, there was no need to spend time re-inventing the wheel.

It's your money as well as mine that is wasted when developer time is squandered.

If you don't want to care, you don't have to…

4. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's not a waste, in-game integration of the tools is important as long as it's nicely integrated... which right now I would agree it isn't (using the website seems easier to me). That's not because it's internally using a browser engine though, that alone puts no significant limits on integration or usability these days.