Using Drums of war to tell if a fction is over powered?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StormChasee, Jun 12, 2015.

1. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Admittedly I'm not familiar with how the positioning to getting the bars is determined, but it does seem like if a faction is constantly getting those first or the quickest perhaps that faction is over powered. I see that 3 of the 4 wrath factions have made more progress than any of the protectorate.

Is this just a reflection of having more people playing those factions? Is anybody looking at what it means for a side to win the war or a faction getting more bars than another?

oops. Would a mod correct the obvious typo in the thread title? I don't see a way for me to do it?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's a reflection of the amount of games in which a player plays a certain faction (do you still get more points for wins? not sure). Either way, there's next to no connection between DoW and balance.

SPiEkY, Leadrz and SaintKiwi like this.
  3. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

That was quick.

I guess the wrath factions must be very popular then.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The connection is more between popularity and DoW score. Popularity is a function that also depends on power, but by no means solely.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Down with the care bears!

SaintKiwi likes this.
  6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

It's a record of favourite faction, and what's played more.

Or players who like z faction play x more games than players who like y faction.