Utterdark Shadecaster Rework

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Utterdark Shadecaster
    NOW:
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 10
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 51
    • Race: Spirit, Undead
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: 66
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Teleport 1 This champion loses Rooted and is relocated to target space within 5 spaces.
      • [​IMG] Attack: Magical This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Portal Siphon When this champion is successfully relocated, enemy champions within 2 spaces lose 2 HP and this champion vampiric heals for an equal amount.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (6) [​IMG] Magical Aura 3 At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 6 Magical damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
        • (5) [​IMG] Portal Walker When this champion is successfully relocated, it has +3 DMG until its next attack or for 6 turns.
        • (5) [​IMG] Portal Dancer When this champion is successfully relocated, it gains Reflexes 2 and Evasive 2 for 2 turns.
      • 2 :
        • (8) [​IMG] Stat Bonus: Speed 1 This champion gains +1 SPD.
        • (6) [​IMG] Pounce This champion is relocated to the closest non-damaging space to target enemy unit within 5 spaces and deals Physical damage at +2 DMG against the target if able.
        • (6) [​IMG] Phantom Dash For 1 turn, the next time a friendly champion makes a successful basic attack against target champion within 6 spaces, this champion is relocated to the closest available space to that champion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW:
    Utterdark Shadecaster
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 8
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 4-6
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 37
    • Race: Spirit, Undead
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: ~68-72
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Magical This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Rift Bound At the end of its turns, if this unit does not occupy Dead Magic Zone, it loses 2 MAX HP.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Shadecast 1 When activated all spaces within 2 spaces of this unit becomes dead magic zone.
        • [​IMG] Shadecast 2 When activated all spaces within 4 spaces of this unit becomes dead magic zone.
        • [​IMG] Shadecast 3 When activated all spaces within 6 spaces of this unit becomes dead magic zone.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Spellsurge: Despoil When this champion is deployed, Despoil spells are revealed from your runedock. Despoil spells costs 10 nora less (this does not stack) and this champion is healed for 8 HP when a Despoil spell is played.
        • [​IMG] Domain: Dead Magic Zone This unit gains +2 DMG, +1 DEF, and Mobility while occupying a Dead Magic Zone.
        • [​IMG] Phase Shift This unit becomes Incorporeal for 2 turns.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Redderrick

Absurdly tanky atm and his kit makes no sense for his name.

3. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

you turned him into a pile of Bane Shift. you ruined him!

yes he is semi tanky and is a good fw champion which is rare imo, that is due portal dancer which only gives reflexes 2 evasive 2.

why are you not going after all the scrapper champions that give reflexes 3 evasive 3 and are waay even more tankier and they just about always get an attack in around the font to proc that. i want scrapper nerfed and have posted to that aim before, but if scrapper ever goes to evasive 2 reflexes 2 like portal dancer then i would stop and see if that is ok before asking for further nerfs. you are basically asking for those further nerfs right now.

he has only 1 defence afterall, its not like he is in sl. there are far worse champions in SL and even IS go and bang on their doors with nerf crys.

why do you hate fw so much, what do you even play anyway?

4. Redderrick

Stop being entitled, his kit has nothing to do with the lore of the champions role, Just because a champion has good abilities and preforms well doesnt make it a good champion. It lowers the skill level required to play Pox Nora if all champions are all around good rather than fitting roles within themes.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  5. Redderrick

He is outclassed by Soulrenderer yet due to his kit he is forced into the same role, move and attack at 1-1 range as a spirit

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He is way, way better than Soulrender.

7. Redderrick

Not even close dude, soulrender generates so much nora with the vaporize build making his overall cost lower boosting his value, also initiative 2? Turn 1 font caps? Reinforcements? Not to mention he heals himself in the nora generating process via soul channeling

8. Redderrick

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

We can talk about meta decks in the FW forums, and you are more then free to put in a word for the Soulrender in the beater tier list, but I'll just leave it at me being completely unconvinced by anything you said. Rune design wouldn't be the proper place to get into it more, is all.