Utterdark Warlock

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fikule, May 13, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Utterdark Warlock
    Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Race: Human
    Class: Wizard
    Size: Small
    Rarity: Rare

Artwork: (Example art by Forge T at DeviantArt)
    [​IMG]
    Flavor: "Wracks the mind and warps the soul, nevermore will they be whole."

STATS
    Damage: 9
    Speed: 6
    Range: 3-5
    Defense: 3
    Health: 48

ABILITIES
    Attack - Magical
    Fight To Survive (When this unit successfully damages an enemy unit with a basic attack it is healed for an amount equal to it's current health. If this unit does not deal damage with a basic attack, it loses health equal to it's missing health at the end of its turn.)

UPGRADES
    ---Upgrade 1 Choices---
    Void Shield (When this champion takes damage, it gains a rank of Resistance to that damage type.)
    Surge: Soultapped (This unit has +1 DMG for each champion that is Soultapped.)

---Upgrade 2 Choices---
    Tormented (This unit receives a damage boost when injured. If at 80% of max HP, it gains +1 DMG. At 60% it gains +2 DMG, at 40% it gains +3 DMG and at 20% it gains +4 DMG.)
    Defensive Stance 1 (This champion has -2 DMG and +2 DEF for 4 turns.)

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Basic premise: Ranged tank or risky ranged damage. Can of course also be a mix of both.

He is naturally tanky with 3 defense and his signature ability. So long as he doesn't drop below half health, one attack can heal him to full.

However, he is very vulnerable to crowd control, healing reductions or anything that can make him miss an attack as by the same virtue, he will die at half health if he can't attack during his turn.

As a tanky unit, he can use Void Shield to slowly gain defenses as the game goes on and can use Defensive Stance for a more immediate boost.

As a damage unit he can use Tormented and Surge: Soultapped. Ideally he would be at about 50% health, assuming there are about ~3 soultapped units in play he will be able to hit for 14 damage while healing to full. This build is far more dangerous though.

As an additional. Melee units have a much easier time locking him down due to his minimum range of 3.

Fight to Survive is basically designed as a high risk ability, so I would estimate that while it has a big positive effect, it would have a very low cost due to its big weaknesses.

Last edited: May 14, 2014