Vamp abilities

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by D4rkSteel, Jan 22, 2015.

1. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

I think we can all agree that vampire's are pretty bad atm. And I think the main reason for that is that life siphon, bleed and blood magic are upgrade abilities. You can only choose 1 of the 3 while you need all 3 of them to make it work. Can we somehow combine for example bleed and life siphon or just put most of these abilities on base. Because personally, I really miss playing vamps. Also, greater vampirism of elder bloodbinder cost 15 nora for just 50% extra. They can either change it back up to 100% extra or reduce the cost. I'm mainly talking about FF FW vamps, not FW/UD. Tell me what you guys think on how they can change vampires.

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I would leave it as fw/ud theme because fw got enough themes to develop(spirit,lich,zombie,skeleton,worms,witch) and because its more viable and has good synergy with ud.

3. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I agree with Netherzen. Unfurtunately, Vampyres rely a lot on UD runes instead of FW which they, in theory could rely on. However, and I know because I've been pushing a vamp bg into the Rare and Exotic league, a full FW vamp bg would have almost no synergy to sustain itself. Specially on a faction like UD which plays more with debuffs, DMG, and other tricks rather than brute force where UD and Life Siphon works better.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I fully support removing Life Siphon and Soultap from Soul Collector. Agreed.

On a more serious note, actually do agree with those above. The nature of the split means that right now it fits both mechanically and thematically into FW/UD better than either FF.