Vampyres; BUFF/NERFF/FIX Thread

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by MakarovJAC, Sep 6, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

So, a rumor was heard about Vamps getting some love from the Devs next expansion...which leads to some especulation about what are they planning to do. For those...2 or 3 guys out there who still like Vampyres but don{t do because they don't have as much synergy as any other theme in nowadays meta, this thread is for you guys to discuss what to do with them.

My first concern is that almost every existing vampyre is insanely expensive. One coul argue that using cheap meat champs could do the job...if only they had a better synergy with a bunch of anything else. Vampyres alone cost so much Nora that with 2 or 3 of them you have to wait for another turn to summon the next.

My second concern is how poor attackers fighters they make. They rely heavily on Bloodcrest to survive until they can heal again. However, Bloodcrest is, sadly, such an easy target for so many means available to other factions that it's pretty much insta-killable in most cases. Their main healing method, life siphon, is not that reliable when they have 10-12 base damage with literally no way to upgrade it besides an overly expensive healing booster.

In paper, they all have a way to deal with those limitations, however, because the simple reason of being all so expensive, with little access to cheap tricks, they are not really something which can be played with the same ease as other themes.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges