Vanilla Mafia -- GAME OVER! MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jun 18, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

That worked, us newbies were just bad is all

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I liked it, but for future references you can be a little more complex. It's just a matter of people reading and understanding the game.
    That fail cop, though.

3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Cop, in my personal opinion, isn't as powerful as people generally percieve. Power roles in general usually have their powerlevel blown out of porportion. Someone who is very good at the game with a vanilla town role will usually be much more valuable than an average person with a cop role. Doctor is more powerful too, imo.

EDIT but in my next one I do plan on having at least a couple more roles added in. And remember, the more players I have, the more creative I can be with roles. For the most part, I want to use only the roles I have listed on the first post, but I will try to leave room for more rules and roles to enhance creativity.

4. st3ck

I blame markoth.

5. PurpleTop

Also, I will make the next one have an interesting theme. Something more appealing than " a town in central Nebraska"

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you mean like a "a town in northern Nebraska"?

joke aside, I think a good set up would be salem.

st3ck likes this.
  7. PurpleTop

Salem is a good idea. Previously I had a pretty good template for a Skyrim themed one, i would just need to insert a few minor modifications

8. GabrielQ

Is the salem tv show popular?

9. PurpleTop

No idea... I've never watched it

10. st3ck

Salem is a tv show?

11. GabrielQ

12. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I figured out loy WAY too late for it to matter (after they'd already won, before it was announced). I should have trusted my gut more on bakki, because I was really considering changing my vote from Pede to bakki on that last hammer. His list that he wrote at the beginning was obviously targeted BS, but I let myself get caught up in the inertia of having voted for Pede every time so far. Damn. Anyway, sorry about that pedeguerra. That's the trouble with having a city power role: you're still going to be suspicious and it's not like you can tell us why. In my opinion, city power roles are some of the hardest to play, because you've got to do so much information sharing while remaining hidden from both mafia and townfolk.

Moving forward, I'm not going to play silly at all. Too easy for the mafia to weaponize that behavior. Unless everyone is acting silly, in which case lolz for everyone.

PurpleTop likes this.
  13. st3ck

I will be acting silly next game, assuming I don't insta die again

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

No worries man, it's all good.
    Yeah, it was hard having a doctor role without really having any hints on who the townies were - I mostly used my gut instinct.
    For example, first night I tried to save Regulate, didn't work. Next time I targeted someone else and he got killed. Lastly I target GabrielQ, and it seemed to work.
    Either way, being silly or not is entirely up to you and all, I dont thin it was bad for the game. If anything, it just made townies confused.

15. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Fine, then we're gonna' silly it up, OH YEAH!

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My goal was to keep the suspicion shifting around, and if all possible, not vote for the one that will die. This comes at a price, being suspected myself. Hopefully I'd be able to balance that suspicion by not having voted correctly on town kills. In order to do that I had to pick a target I think would not be lynched and slander him just enough to justify my vote but hopefully not enough to cause others to join my suspicion.

Our trump card would have been Loy stabbing me in the back and coming out the unsuspecting hero and riding that to the win.

Stack we figured you for a roll since you were so confident and accusatory.

I'd love to do another round. Would be nice if it was bigger by 2-4 people.

I leaned alot from each of you.

PurpleTop likes this.
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah pede, regulate showed he was willing to go hard after the truth. No mafia would do that and it will probably mean he will die somehow before it's over. I suspected him for cop. Should have spammed protection on him to let him get at least one mafia down, even though it might cause his own death by lynching.

As Mafia, Regulate scared me. The only thing I could think to do was the analysis and then try to get him lynched (if he was protected) after which I most assuredly would have been lynched.

18. st3ck

Yea, I learned a lot for my first game too. Definitely looking forward to another

PurpleTop likes this.
  19. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

You are mistaken. People really don't know how to play as VT (the most important role in the game), and need more practice.

For example I died and it wasn't even discussed? Imo, it was a weird move for mafia to kill me because I led an unsuccessful lynch against someone and instead of trying to twist this or let town turn against me they killed me ...

I'm not saying you would necessarily have gotten anywhere with it, but you could have forced more people into a relevant discussion and caused more opinions to come out - this is how you catch mafia.

I'm sure some other bad-VT stuff happened past this point but I didn't really follow the game.

Just for the record good mafia can pull this off :p (Appearing to go hard for the truth)

I'd say cops are normally slightly quieter on the first few days as they don't have much to go on (few investigations) and generally want to not make themselves a target.

PurpleTop likes this.
  20. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Keep in mind that this game ended quicker than it should have (and gave mafia a slight advantage) due to the day/night setup at the beginning.