Vanilla Mafia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jun 12, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Awesome! Now we need only at least one more! Let's see if we can do it

Recruit!

2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Guess I'll be the one more

3. PurpleTop

Awesome! I am gonna give this about 24 more hours until I close the signup thread in case anyone else wants to join and so that people know we are starting. I would hate to have inactives in such a small game.

Signups still open untilabout 5 PM Eastern tomrrow.

4. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I'm in!

5. PurpleTop

Nice! Well unless everybody is super eager to start, I might leave this open one more day.... Turns out I am a bit busy this afternoon, and there is a chance more will sign up. But I could maybe get it done this evening if people really wanted me to. I would prefer to set up the game at work during the day tomorrow, but I'll leave it up to the players. Any thoughts?

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

As far as I'm concerned, you can start it whenever you so choose PT.

7. PurpleTop

ok I will probably go ahead and make the thread tonight after I get back from the gym. All roles will be sent out then and if there are any changes I plan on making I will inform you all on the thread

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I killed the Butler in the library with the candlestick. Tmi?

9. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I could play.

10. PurpleTop

I'll put you down as our tenth. Thanks!

11. PurpleTop

ok there is one question that I would like answered before we start though.

Generally, when we play mafia on these forums, we start with day 0 in which no kill happens, and so the first event that takes place is whatever happens on night 1, including a mafia kill and any powers used... So everyone is alive until mafia kills someone

However, I think what is usually done in mafia games outside of pox is the game starts with Day 1, and there is a voted lynch that day, and night 1 with mafia kill and powers follow that.... So by the time mafia gets to kill their first target, someone is already lynched. (however, a vote for No Lynch can pass if that is what the majority voted for)

I would like you guys, primarily those who have played before, to tell me which way you prefer. The way the game starts can have a big impact on your strategy. Any thoughts?

12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Start with day 0

13. PurpleTop

14. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I've often seen them start with no-action night 0 (for pre-talk, people checking in, etc), then followed up by day 1.

15. PurpleTop

I've seen this too, but there didn't seem to be much of a preference this time around. 10 is a good experimental number; I'll see how this one goes with first actions being night 1, and maybe change it up next time.