Vashal... Beasts?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by SireofSuns, Dec 4, 2016.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

So... I note that the Vashal are supposed to able to split with Beasts easily "Seal of the Vashal: Target friendly Vashal or Beast..."

I also note that only one Vashal is also a Beast (Woodland Jester).
    I also also note, that the Woodchuck (who looks more like a Vashal than the Jester), is only a Beast, not a Vashal.

So... That's odd. Wouldn't all Vashal either be Beasts, Vashal, or both? A mix strikes me as very strange.

On the more primary note, I haven't seen anyone posting Vashal bg's lately, what do people play with them? (I'm looking to make a Vashal bg soon). I particularly like the idea of using some Beasts with them (Woodchuck, Enraged Grizzly, etc.).

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

All vashal used to be beasts, but it was changed a while back (and they shouldn't be). They mixed champs are probably just lagging behind, and will be changed at some point.

Vashals are great, although I probably wouldn't run any beasts in the bg.

3. Tweek516

If you want me to gointo more depth I will :) vashal are strong, Nora gen racial is great. Only thing is that they lack proper powerful range.

Attached Files:

4. SireofSuns

Huh, why were they changed but the ability wasn't? Also, why not just have them be like the Myx, Vashal+Beast?
    The ability does allow you to use some meta Beasts to fill in for things (though, Beasts don't have range, or much alt damage, so... There's not much to add.).

Why Delim and the Page? Is that just for alt-ranged?
    Also... Carnivorous Vines? Why not Brambles instead?

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Carnivorous stops movement completely, instead of letting them move 3 space. Also, it disengages the units, which is much more useful than you'd expect.

6. Tweek516

They were changed when there were enough vashal to warrant them being independent. The ability reflects them still being in touch with the forest I guess?

Delim is for strong ranged, and given how melee and powerturn orientated vashal are his teleport fits so well.

Page is just in there for DF really, although swap and soften work very well (due to the reliance on powerturns, as stated above).

Carn vines is what @Elves Rule said really, love that spell. Grounding flying units over chasms is so funny.

7. SireofSuns

On a side note, the Vashal Mirrorblade is one of the only females I've noticed in the game that doesn't have breasts. Which is ironic, considering Vashal are mammals...

Whiris likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Split with sp, play almost full vashals plus sotm plus sp spells,relic and equip utility like diamond mace, magnify beast, rock trap etc

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The Council of K'thiras called: your K'thir player card has been revoked, please report immediately to the closest Mage of the Circle you encounter in order to give it back, lest you risk being called a traitor and facing punishment.

10. SireofSuns

You should feel ashamed of yourself for suggesting such blasphemy.

Those are good ideas though, I think I'll try that.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

he asked for a good advice, not a morally acceptable one 90 hp sotm healable by all your units. thats a nightmare, but should work

12. Tweek516

So started playing vashal again, they are legit. Dropped one eremite for fulcrum to help with the powerturns. Any upgrades you're not sure about @SireofSuns ?

SireofSuns likes this.
  13. SireofSuns

Yeah, there's a lot of choices, and I have yet to nail down what I want to use, so:
    Quillquip - no idea
    Cavalier - U2?
    Enchanter - U1? U2, grand entrance or magical res?
    Eremite - U2?
    Mirrorblade - U2?
    Vicar - U2?

Also, why Burning Oak Seed? I've never really understood that as an include, is it just for alt damage?

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i have no experience with vashals, but oak is very good because

1. alt dmg. kf tends to get heavy on magic/phisical dmg, so its good to have onspot alt dmg
    2. on spot inhib touch
    3. (more occasionally helpful) fire eater.

for just 25 nora. cheap and versatile equip.I run 2 in full magic amp bg.

15. Tweek516

Shatter summoned and hidden vegetation on quillquip.

I run cavs with block 1, then one with protective and one with battle leader.

Enchanter I run grand entrance and grant aura and tele (can't remember what the upgrade path is).

Eremite I run with elusive leap, but I could see swap as well.

Mirrorblade init 2 ofc and I run one with reflexes and opportunistic.

Vicar with dispelling blows.

16. Tuesdays

Tuesdays New Member

I replaced a Vashal Ranger with a Condor Fury, it really helps with the high damage melees. I also find myself barely ever using the fire oak seed.. maybe the frost quiver might be better because of chill? I'll need to try it out

17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

I think you should stay with oak seed cause
    1. alt dmg: you can use it when the champ you need to kill has one with nora / some eater ability
    2. inhibiting touch: vs forglar/IS and other healing factions/champs you can use it to on spot stop the healing.

frost quiver has more dmg output with chill but less utility. I would say keep oak, and if you have space play ALSO quiver, if you find you lack alt dmg

guokamoli54, SireofSuns and Tweek516 like this.