Vashal Mirrorblade Needs Race: Beast

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Querthose, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

It's the only vashal without race: beast. I assume that was just an oversight?

2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I have a feeling it is going to be more the opposite.

Leadrz and SaintKiwi like this.
  3. Querthose

le sigh

4. Querthose

Oh also- the flavor text for Mirrorblade refers to them as "Shadowblades". Looks like something got a name change mid-way through ;)

5. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Vashal are not a strong theme right now, and atm neither are beasts. It looks like an oversight to me. Either way it should match 'the other' vashal, up to/until they change the whole theme and redo abilities for example Boost:beast on vashal druid...

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I might be wrong, but boosted owls look insane. As long as boost:beast remains at it's current state and owls are top-notch unit, beast will always be at least decent.

7. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Can vashal druid get Bosst: vashal isntead of boost beast if mirrorblade isn't getting race beast? then remove race beast from all vashal?

Karmavore likes this.
  8. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

A change to Boost and other proximity stat buffs is "Under Consideration", so they may get it (or some variation of).

9. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Fun little combo for meta-BG's.

The Mirrorblade ability trigger will count as three Vashal for the purpose of "Bond of the Vashal" granting a handy Tough 3 and Regen 3 for all champions within the selected area for 30n.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  10. heroics

heroics New Member

Separating Vashal and beast would effectively shoebox both themes rather than allowing for BG diversity.

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

To be fair; with boost beast on Mirrorblade he'd be a stat monster for 69N. While it sucks; I think I don't mind it in terms of balance.

12. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

U all seems to forget the small issue with surge beast and the fact that illusions give surge bonus ;) im pretty sure this was not an oversight and he can not have beast

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

What champion has surge beast? Lol. You have to go outside of KF for that.

14. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Jek is the only one, but pre-revamp we had Vashal Druid

15. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Beasts are very strong atm.

16. heroics

heroics New Member

I am fine with him missing beast, I just hope vashal in general are not getting race:beast removed.

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

18. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

To be fair Karma, you are talking about a boost he is getting from an 87 nora vashal druid. Or a 75 nora Snake charmer. Not exactly free.

But I've been watching u do pretty good with snake charmers and vashal. Especially with vicar actually being OK now. But you also play extremely tactical slow attrition style.

But it is still bad design that he does not match the other vashal. If they want to re-tune the vashal theme as a whole that is fine with me....theres only 8 Vashal runes, but most of those stop being playable as a cohesive theme if there is no way to boost them. The real question is how bad are ALL these runes when all their speeds get dropped by 1?

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

What I said wasnt really on point with OP; but talking strictly from balance perspective it makes sense on my end (sorta). As Sokolov has mentioned with the "Race-Creep" -- I think it may time to cut down on tossing out race x/x and.... Generally a champion should only be venturing into one race territory/theme path.(Some units are obviously obscure and need both for flavor or what have you)

In Vashal's case I think they should be sticking with the Race: Beast/Vashal, unless they where to change Vashal somehow to compensate for losing race beast; then I'd be fine with it. But without boost most Vashal are sitting in a very awkward stage of being "ok" and un-playable. At which point it would be wiser just to start running actual "Beasts" rather than crossing themes. Which sucks for a fully fledged theme.

But for now "Beast or Vashals" are in a very play-able realm, but this is only with the help of Boost:Beast iirc.

--- Vicar's a huge improvement, he wasnt bad before but his kit wasn't really optimized and now he's kicking tail once he's being supported by his friends. A lot of Vashals mid/late game success comes from Bond of the Vashal; turn's them into super tanks and paired with Battle-Leader it can get pretty hectic.

20. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just give a rune Boost: Vashal and than seperate beast from them?