venger question

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by sassquatch, May 21, 2014.

1. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

ok not that im trying to pollute the FW gene pool with more races, BUT is there a reason why obsidion venger never got race human and undead? its the only paladin to split theme with IS that isnt a human. is there an interaction im missing or was it just an oversight or just an attempt to keep the power lvl of this rune in line?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. sassquatch

well i understand him having race undead so his own ability doesnt hurt him

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you realize, most undeads are "human-normative" and they skip the human race even when they are clearly humans you'll notice that almost all zombies are hman zombies, and even serkan was a human when he was alive.
    So you can think of it as a massive oversight that would imply a lot of bads things if fixed.

4. sassquatch

im not asking for him to lose undead but instead also gain human. as an example magnus the fallen is also human undead. i realize it would be a debacle to rework all generic humaniod undead into humans and im not asking for that. but consider that skeleton, lich, zombie, beast, dwarf, yeti, elf, jakie, treefolk, spirit, angel, cyclops, dragon, vampire, moga, voil, and etc. all have combinations with undead to allow for thematic racially based interactions. by leaving human off of the venger he becomes the only FW pally without race human and misses out on the bonuses of spliting with an IS pally deck. i was asking more of why shouldnt this happen.

and magnus has human and undead and BotU not that im arguing one way or another about the prescence of this ability on either champ, just showing there is precedence for it.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

for the record, I'm not against it. But it would be weird to add race human to all those zombies.

6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

and a lot of the skeletons

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I think champs should lose their former race when they become undead and take on that race plus whatever sub race of undead they are. whatever it is that gives a race their characteristics surely goes away when they die. but I think you could still give an undead boghopper leap without giving it race boghopper without upsetting too many people (for example).

would any existing champs be gimped if they lost that extra race?

8. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

he's just an undead human right? lol its not like he changed from being a human to like a boghopper...so why change?

9. sassquatch

well champs like the treefolk would lose out on boost and whatnot, or in my particular arguement not having human means the venger doesnt benefit from call to arms or martydom. at the very least not having the extra race mildly discourages splits. NOT that im saying anything should ever be balanced around split deck interactions but for one of the few champs that falls into a split style subtheme its hard to not argue for very minor adjustments to be able to fully utilize the champs without losing momentum.