verbal hold (ST or KF counterspell idea)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by IronStylus, Dec 23, 2016.

1. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

30-35 Nora
    The next spell your opponent casts within 6 turns fails and its effects are applied with the same conditions (target champion, space, relic) after 2 turns at the beginning of your opponent's turn. If the target is invalid, the spell fizzles.

ST: 'The elder jakei could manage the dense atmosphere of palace chambers, so that no word could get through in time. Some said, it's normal to hear the council speaking after an hour of seeing them dispute.'

KF: 'He tried to burn down the trickster, but his mouth became unable to say the necessary formula. As the fairies started entangling his legs and binded him with magic, he couldn't dam up his words willingly. The blast missed as it was already too late to aim.'

I imagine it would be told in combat log what was the spell so the caster (and opponent) could play accordingly.
    Xirone tries to cast carnivorous vines but it's held for 2 turns!

@Sokolov How hard to code and possibly buggy would that mechanic be with the current code state? I think it would be a great counterspell that isn't in the game yet and brings tactical depth to the gameplay. Good against sacrifice, medicore against doom, bad against marsh song.

What do you think of the spell, possible problems and my flavor texts? (I've never been good at them, I tried my best tho)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

The spell would target the same champion after this time or the same tile if it was an aoe and it would show if the spell was hidden. the affected spell could be backfired again after this time and if it was a global effect (truce, decay) I see no problem with affecting those, although I can't say as I don't know how it looks like from practical point of view. I know there is something like 'limbo' for runes that are in play, but aren't usable for a moment under certain conditions (dark knight waiting to be deployed at the next turn and it's not on cooldown).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am sure there is a way to make this work. I like the idea! It is inventive and would be useful.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

as long as it isnt in KF!