Viable Draksar deck

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Amberite, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Amberite

Amberite The King of Potatoes

Could someone post a viable Draksar deck post-Revamp. Have almost all Drak runes, plus Snogvie+Valdac?

2. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

I'm not gonna lie mate, I don't think they are viable post revamp - not yet anyway.

Your best bet is to go cheap. I'm talking Draksar Gunners, Marauders, Shifters, Paradigm, Doomslayer, Draksar Master, maybe skywing patrol - still a good ish unit to have, just very expensive.

The most invaluable rune I've discovered for Draksar at the moment is Call to War. It drops 3 meaty Footmen, all with bravery and violence and block 2. They're honestly outstanding, you get so much bang for buck.

Other than that, you could go for the mutation module, I imagine that's more successful as homicidal thug's very good, persecutors, marauders, doctors, all that jazz.

Problem is out legendary draksar got trashed apart from Torien, Torien's still decent as he's literally the same as pre-revamp. Morph might use a look in with haste but she's not good enough to be ranged damage and she's not got enough utility to be support. Blackscale Centurion and Basilisk Templar are currently shoebox and Draksar High Marshall doesn't seem worth the nora at all, I can't find a use for him and never deploy him.

PurpleTop likes this.
  3. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Draksar High Priest has Sermon which is the best in game drak champ mechanic outside of violent. He's also your best source of ranged magic dmg.

4. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

I forgot to include Sir Pope Draksar High Priest in my little list. Yeah, run him. Bookburner's good aswell!

5. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

This is what I'm playing around with at the moment: http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cpmC...Hcqicyqs6Ls3Ms4isasjs84s73s7us5jrPr2qe1le4e1O

After playing around the drak archer is still solid. I thought he had defenseless right after the revamp but I could've been imagining that. Regardless 74 nora for range 8 isn't terrible. With blackscale, pope, and valdac you have three viable ways to boost his dmg without resorting to rage band.

Blackscale isn't as bad as he first seems. 80 nora for battlemaster 3 and regen1. He's a tank and phalanx enabler. He's base dmg is bad but with protective when one of your other draks gets hit it shoots up to a more respectable 13.

I expect call to war get nerfed along with other summon 3 spells down the line.

The playstyle is very old school SL. Survive until midgame and then try and steam roll. Rush BGs on first player win maps are probably going to give you fits... or make you feel really good about yourself if you pull off the win.

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Runes are so expensive nowadays. Like someone else said the key would be to use cheap, efficient runes. There are plenty in the Draksar theme, and what you should be focusing on in gameplay is in fact that efficiency. Draksars as a theme do not have any noteable strengths that set them above any other themes atm, so if you play for pure efficiency those strngths that they do have will be more meaningful.... if that makes any sense.