Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

TIL @Sokolov doesn't like to play the role of Sisyphus.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I really don't care about enjoying gameplay so long as it works with what the game is trying to do or say, so maybe Limbo is up my alley.

3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Undertale is about to be voted the Best Game Ever - and the internet is furious

December 15, 2015

A Kickstarted six-hour RPG made by two people and released just three months ago is about (to) be crowned the Best Game Ever.

Toby Fox’s Undertale, which was released on PC in September, is currently winning the polling in a GameFaqs contest to crown the best video game ever made. And it’s beating The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time by a ratio of 3-to-2 at the time of writing.

If there is a ‘truth’ it’s likely to be, as one user points out, that “at least half the votes for Undertale are just to see the babies cry”. At the very least, we would guess.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/unde...game-ever-and-the-internet-is-furious/0160479

Any thoughts on the above, Kalasle?

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Please, stop.

Geressen likes this.
  5. DarkJello

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

To suggest games to friends. Not to try and start a controversy topic. Get your own thread for that.

Geressen likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Some people like the game, other people either don't like it or haven't played it, and can't fathom anyone else genuinely liking it, so they think any votes for it must have some alternative motivation or be made in bad faith. "Sub-set of larger group gets mad about community poll results on the internet" doesn't sound like anything newsworthy, or even new. I think Undertale is a great game, and have noticed that some people disagree. That's about the extent of my opinion on it, certainly the extent to which I have anything to say about it.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. DarkJello

A very balanced reply. The game looks fun, so I will give it a go for sure. Thanks for recommending. Peace out.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

looking forward to the "The TRUTH about undertale" thread.

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Blackguards is a good recommendation for anyone who likes turn based strategy games. Definitely my favorite strategy game over the past few years besides xcom and age of wonders 3.

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Anyone reading the galciv3 forum lately. Brad Wardell jumping from thread to thread calling his playerbase a bunch of entitled whiny brats. Which they are.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

About 8 years late to the party, but I just played Portal. That's a really charming game.

13. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

It's splendid isn't it.? I'd also recommend Portal 2 once you've finished it.

Genuine laughs and a good mental work-out. Fun and challenging is so difficult to pull-off for me, I'm such a grump.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I picked up Armello and Massive Chalice in the sale. I still have another $20 to spend, and I'm looking at finally getting the Mass Effect collection as well as something else.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not sure if it matters but be aware that the Mass Effect series on PC does not have gamepad support.

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

In addition to Markoth's information. Do not buy it on Steam. It only has 1 & 3. You're better off getting it on Origin.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@IMAGIRL means 1 and 2 because after that origin was created and they became massive exclusive ****s* not 1 and 3

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Twas my understanding that had nothing to do with it. What happened, was EA and Steam had a dispute of how to handle the money from the optional purchases. They couldn't come to an agreement, and Origin made it an exclusive. Since then, all EA games with optional purchases have been Origin only as Steam didn't want a repeat.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

1&3 is Dead Space, not Mass Effect I think. Steam has a Mass Effect combo for $8.74. I actually got Mass Effect 3 as a gift a while ago, so I only need those two.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It ONLY has the first two games. Same with Dead Space. If you want the Third you have to get it from Origin. Just better overall to get it on Origin in the first place.