Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Testing.....

Nitch

Niche

Mitchell ( typed nitche )

Archetype ( typed archtype ) where was that two years ago when I needed it.

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sanctum, and Sanctum 2 are on sale on Steam.

Third-Person Tower Defense. S2 adds Co-op, Classes, Perks, and a more in-depth story told through an in-game comic.

Sanctum Collection: $2.48 USD until 5th Oct.
    Sanctum 2 Complete Pack: $4.99 USD until 5th Oct.

Similarly themed, Orcs Must Die.

Third-Person "Tower" Defense, where you have traps instead of towers. Defend your keep Battlemage! OMD2 adds Co-op, 2 Classes, better trap & weapon upgrades, more maps, and a continuation to the original story.

Sadly, OMD & OMD2, are not on sale yet. If you find the Sanctum series to be fun, be sure to check out OMD series.

Ohmin and Leadrz like this.
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Sanctum is very fun, if you like Tower Defense. They also have a very, very cheap 2x classical Tower Defense version, which is also really good, called Super Sanctum TD, which is also on sale. For a buck ($1 USD) I'd personally highly recommend it, again if you like Tower Defense.

I must say I probably like OMD/2 more, but that's almost entirely due to the humor/story, rather than having better mechanics or traps or whatever, and as far as awesome/strange visuals Sanctum is definitely better.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I really dislike tower defense where you control a character, particularly ones like Sanctum which uses an "FPS" style of movement. Just personal tho, as I enjoy tower defense more abstractedly from a planning/layout point of view and don't want to have to navigate the world imprecisely.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Sunnydays

Sunnydays The King of Potatoes

You ever play Orcs must die Sok? It's a pretty fun tower defense game where you get to kill a lot of the green fellas and you get your 3rd person avatar + traps. Oh nvm haha already mentioned *facepalm*

6. Sokolov

I have never owned it, but I have played it before. Still not a fan because of what I mentioned, but I like it more than Sanctum because it more fully embraces that instead of being more of a hybrid.

7. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i love sanctum 2, brought it at a random time or got it from a bundle or w/e for cheap cheap and it was great.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Have you tried Kingdom Rush yet?

Leadrz likes this.
  9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I think you can turn that off, sounds like T9 to me.

Leadrz likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dungeon Defender is another fun 3rd Person tower defense spliced with RPG elements.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Haven't played it. I've wanted too, but I always got busy with other games. Anything noteworthy?

Leadrz likes this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I enjoyed the first one a lot. Bought the second when it was early release and tried it too early. Supposedly it has a ton of new features but I havnt been back to check.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

• Dead Island Franchise pack is ($5.99 USD) on the Humble Bundle Store for the next:
      • 1-Day, 18-Hours, and 30-Minutes
    • Also on sale is the ever popular Shadowrun Series. The Triple-Pack is available half off for ($24.99 USD) for the next:
      • 2-Days, 18 hours, and 30-Minutes.
    • Finally there is the Zombie Army Trilogy Pack for half off ($22.49 USD) for the next
      • 1-Day, 18-Hours, and 30-Minutes

I highly recommend both the Dead Island, and Shadowrun series. Can't say anything about Zombie Army as It's been sitting in my Steam library since the day it came out. Still haven't played it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Anyone besides me been enjoying the wonderful Forza 6?

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

16. Sokolov

I have beaten the first one, and have the second on my iPad that I play from time to time, but lost my saved game once when I had to switch devices and haven't had the motviation to start again.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I love the first one; just wish they would port the rest to the PC. Only reason I've not gotten them on the other devices is that I disdain micro-transactions.

Ohmin likes this.
  18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

this guy reminds me of somebody.

19. Sokolov

Quill is pretty awesome and plays a lot of games Pox players in general would be interested in. I recommend subscribing to him :)

20. Sokolov