Video Games

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Life is strange episode 5 has a plane between realities.

good pun, 10/10 not enough leg room.

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Singularity I can't recommend this game enough. A Sci-fi FPS with Time Manipulation mechanics boasting a very good story. An amazing, albeit short game. My first playthrough looking everywhere took ~8hrs, while every subsequent playthrough took only 6. It's ported from the Xbox 360 very well, controls are smooth on PC and has controller support with Graphics that've held the test of time. Highly underrated, and lesser known title from Activision.

Usually goes for $29.99 USD, but is on sale for $7.99 USD until the 2nd of Nov.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Leadrz likes this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Trailer for Singularity.

The game has multiple endings, be sure to see them all! One of them endings isn't so obvious.

Leadrz likes this.
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Undertale might be my favorite game of all time now. If anyone hasn't played it, they should. Don't look up any wikis or guides, even if it gets hard, and listen to hints.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's that time again. Steam Sales are up, Suggest games let us know what you play. Got to say. Risk of Pain for 2.99 is lots of fun. Co-op both online, and offline is amazing. Be aware online requires a bit of a work round.

I've so far dumped $94 USD for 20 games. Most 85% off.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

2spooky4me

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

WOW. Did not expect this game to turn out as well as it did.

Ziggurat
    It's a Procedurally Generated Rougue-like FPS focused on the Mage playstyle.

Currently $5.09 USD on Steam until the 1st of December.

I highly suggest this game.

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

gal civ III plus its DLC is %50 off. doubt it will ever be cheaper than now (until galciv IV anyway).

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Anybody got some recommendations beyond just genre exercises? Like, something innovative or something that's at least the best at what it does? Anyone heard anything good?

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They're older now, but I found Limbo, Fez, Bastion, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons to be great games. Limbo and Bastion didn't bring much in the way of innovation, but were very well done. The environment was well done in both instances. Fez I felt was innovative in its play. The game takes place in a 2D world, but the player has the ability to rotate the world 90 degrees at a time. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was creative in the way you control two different characters, often at the same time to solve puzzles. While your left hand is controlling one brother, your right hand is controlling the other. The game has its bugs, but even with the bugs I felt it was a great game.

12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

probably the most innovative game to this date is portal.
    XD

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've heard of them before, and would probably have played except I don't have a controller. Thanks for the recommendations!

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I played Limbo and Bastion with a keyboard. Fez would work fine with a keyboard also, but I happen to have a controller, so I used it. Brothers is the only one I would say necessitates a controller.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I dislike Limbo from a design concept standpoint, but I know some people like that whole "player vs designer" paradigm. I can discuss this more if people are interested.

It's a well executed game tho.

Bastion has great polish, music and voice acting, but the gameplay was very tedious to me.

Some other... less typically recommended games:

I recommend Mini Metro which I mentioned before, if you are looking for something different:

There's also Invisible Inc. which does some neat things with the tactical genre and makes it less about killing and more about outsmarting the AI (there's hacking and stealth).

I also loved Reus.

Leadrz likes this.
  16. Sokolov

Oh, and then there's stuff like A Bird Story and To The Moon if you are into that sort of thing.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

To The Moon is on the list. Mini Metro looks neat, but I don't think I would get anything out of playing it -- similarly with Invisible Inc.

Could you just explain what you mean about Limbo having some sort of player v designer mentality?

18. Sokolov

A lot of the game will be you dying. Because death comes out of "nowhere." And your goal is to figure out how to bypass the death after inevitably dying.

The "player vs designer" comes in situations where the knowledge you gain from one encounter/puzzle is used against you in other ones.

So that in some ways, if you want to avoid dying, your goal is to try and "outguess" how the designer plans to kill you next.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, thanks for the answer. From what I know about Limbo, that sounds thematically appropriate and intentional.

20. Sokolov

Yea, it's definitely intentional, it's just not the kind of gameplay I enjoy :D