Vinecreeper is pretty bad sand/beast/mutation.dek

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Jib, May 6, 2014.

1. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

But I want to make it work

So it's a mess. Obvious includes would be Snog+banner but I gave that stuff away. Dunno what I'm missing, could cut redundant champs for more spelequilic but I think I got most bases covered. Thaw is my secret hot tech but if it offends you that much, think of it as Sandstorm. Yes I'm expecting -2 Creeper +2 Paradigm but that's not the point.

Also, I run Desert Master on Imperators and Manticores out of habit but I'm trying out attack/adaptation instead. Yay/Nay?

Would have posted this in Burn's thread but he went all emo and quit so here. Have at it.

2. only

only Active Member

some champions simply have too cute sprite to be stealthed ones. Vinecreeper is one of them! rework plz.

3. only

only Active Member

I wish mutation would have more meaning for some champions. from my experience with Marauder, that mutation ability comes with a very huge price (not norawise, but the fact that you need to sacrifice bombs).

I wish it would be more designed/balanced around the fact that you will actually benefit from mutations. for example, Marauder could be designed/balanced around CD2 mutation (atm it's CD3).

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

creeper is so bangin tho

5. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Please explain.

Lol! Wut?

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Thaw basically is "AOE 6 sand"

Sometimes you need a sand spot spray can't quite safely reach. Sandstorm does the same thing albeit in a smaller aoe and for 5 nora more. And for 3 rounds. Yes you could argue that the 4 damage + Inexperienced puts it miles above Thaw but I'm dumb and it's how I roll.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

8. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I feel like your running a highly personalized bg and will probably disregard this, but here goes. You have too many champs and not enough "spelequilic." Also you have next to no alt damage, just charge dependent aoe from marauders and aoes from imperator. I'm old school so anything with no magic damage whatsoever just gives me nightmare flashbacks of disturbed spirit running amok and not having anyway to deal with it.

I honestly would take prognostication on Manticore over desert master or adaptation (I'm just assuming you use sandspray) and I'd definitely keep basic attack over desert master on imperator.

I feel like trying to do mutation and beasts and sand in one bg is kind of pulling you in too many directions. If it was me I'd probably cut both maruaders, both netmasters, 1 doctor, and one other champ... probably a manticore and then I'd slap two alt damage champs in there. Sundered Doombringer would possibly be the best choice since it synergizes with beasties, gives you sunder to make for up losing it on marauder, the same range as net master in a magic dmg format, spotish removal from doom, and nora thief.... but those guys aren't easy to get. Myx sandsnipe would be a strong possibility since they synergize with sand and would give you some real long range.

Last edited: May 6, 2014