Visual feedback needed for granted abilities/conditions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thbigchief, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I think abilities granted to champions during gameplay need a visual identifier to help players understand something happened. The main culprits are abilities granted by "Savage: X clan" (Main barbarian ability) and "Y: sigil" (Main Griffon/wing ability).

- I've been helping some guys get back into pox and some are newish and some are just old vets. Both groups agree it was too cumbersome to actually know who was granting who what ability on deploy and/or on death causing a lot of frustration. They were running into abilities that weren't there initially and didn't have the time or previous knowledge to track down where it came from or who it was on.

- Even if a generic ping or momentary aura would let the player know something occurred. "Hey I better click on that champ to see what just happened". There are also a number of other spells and abilities that give champions conditions/abilities etc. that could benefit from at least a generic ping.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

To be honest, new Barb racial is too "anti new players friendly" in both aspects: too complex and too OP. If I could make the call, I´d remove the racial alltogether and start from scratch.
    New barb racial is mindblowing.

3. Thbigchief

- I don't disagree. Ironically the last racial I campaigned against felt too drowning and theme choking... the new is just too "swingy" mainly due to getting surprise skewer'd or proc'n a random perserverance you forgot could jump across the map and didn't check every enemy champ every turn. I can't comment on how OP it would be if the burden of knowledge wasn't so high.

- It is a lot of hoop jumping for a racial, which I somewhat feel is similar for griffons. I would streamline them.

Savage: X clan - On deploy nearest friendly barbarian gains Y for A turns. On death nearest friendly barbarian gets Z for B turns. (1 and 1 ability and durations to settle it down, with of course a visual blip on the screen to show you it's happening.)

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, the new barb racial is cool as hell, but also way too complex.

5. Thbigchief

- Roar of the fallen, desperate heal and blessing of the fallen? are good examples of visuals that let you know something happened to champions. Also mark is a single target visual... lets enemy know something went down.

6. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes absolutely, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. To make the game more approachable again will require a combination of simplification (streamlining) and improving visual feedback.

7. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah the barb racial is really cool but kinda hard to keep track of. We were doing public decks and Zedin had 3 perserv procs and was like wtf XD

8. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i agree...skewer......hostile......tough.....jolt whenever u want it......really strong.....a bit complex as u all said as well.

9. Thbigchief

- Yup this happened basically in a pub with us too... They were like "wtfbbq ol' savage is back...I hate that racial!!"