VoA Short Story Competition: Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vyrnell, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Vyrnell

Vyrnell I need me some PIE!

Please post questions and comments here, and feel free to discuss to your heart's content!

To find out what this is all about, please go here.

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like what your doing. I'll move non-story posts to this thread when needed.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Totally respect and love what you are doing. This one little bit got me though:

"This competition will receive criticism for being subjective" -- laughed a bit. Mate, that's art. That's a lot more than just art, even. You are totally fine. On the contrary, I think your scoring system is surprisingly rigid for something like this, and reads like an essay rubric. Just saying "I'll count for compatibility with the current lore, and factor in input from others in the thread. I'll also look at spelling and grammar, but won't dock for it that much" would seem plenty enough explanation.

Anyway, really like rewarding people for doing this kind of stuff just for fun.

4. Vyrnell

Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated.

5. Vyrnell

I appreciate the positive feedback, and I certainly hope this becomes a pleasant Pox passtime!

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

@Mercer Skye something for you? You were a writer if I recall correctly.

7. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I think I dropped a piece of something in there. Might need to revise and beef it up a bit, but I think it's read worthy at least.

Actually, pawing through the notes and such, I think I've got enough potential material for a mini-novella (not sure what to call something smaller than a novella, vignette is more a movie term)

But, if there's enough interest in Bal and Rog's adventure here...I can't promise anything soon, but I could delve deeper into their story and maybe have it up before the mid-term hits.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I have made some stories (3, actually) but I'm having some hard time in translating them with perfect cohesion in words. Anyone willing to help? I'm from Brasil, só I had writed them in Portuguese.

9. Vyrnell

A little over 2 days left to enter! Some great stories have been submitted so far, thanks a ton to everyone who has participated.

10. Vyrnell

Competition is closed, and winners will be announced soon!

11. Vyrnell

Winners have been announced here.

I would like to continue hosting competitions like this, but the turnout for this one was quite poor.
    What can I do to improve the competition experience and incentivize more players to participate? I'll take all the ideas I can get!

12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

ask for forum / event shout outs from senshu who may shout out what your are doing. when you hold events. other than that, if you keep holding events / have monthy or w/e it should attract more attention over time.