Voil Aeromancer - Suction and Knockback

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Aug 20, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Voil Aeromancer
    Shattered Peaks

Race: Voil
    Class: Shaman

Gist: A Voil that can temporarily "gain Siren's Song" on demand. His first upgrade line revolves around support or survival, and his second upgrade line is focused solely on knockback. He brings SP's most notable mechanic to the Voil theme, in dedicated foe relocation. Squishy up close, but he gets respectable damage in and can really mess up enemy positioning before dropping.

Flavor: When Eehiist ordered a regiment of Stormflyers to train in air manipulation, even she did not foresee the hubris and brutal zeal these elite would amass in dominating the Voil's greatest asset.

Appearance: A Stormflyer with ankles wrapped tightly in white cloth trailed with ribbon and glittering brass beads. Its wings have been painted with elaborate, white markings.

DMG: 9
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1-2
    DEF: 1
    HP: 44

Attack: Electricity
    Maelstrom
    (AP: 2, CD: 4) (special animation around unit while active)
    For 2 turns, whenever an opposing champion without Unstoppable moves within 3 spaces of this unit, it is pulled one space directly toward this unit.​
    Sonic Flight
    Static Aura

Upgrade 1:
    Evasive 2
    (default)
    Boon of the Wind (+1 nora)
    Aerial Supremacy (+2 nora)

Upgrade 2:
    Slam
    (default)
    Bounce (+2 nora)
    Sweep (+4 nora)

Tweek516, RedScarlet and Woffleet like this.
  2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Whoa, this should really be implemented in SP. I also vouched for a pseudo Mystic Whirlpool shenanigans for AoC rework, but to no avail. This is a much more appealing design!!!

So in his maximum potential, he could do 9DMG into 10 with banner:
    10 + 2*4 instances = 18 electricity damage in one hit.

Seems good for the current meta with Falconer hitting like a truck. In what kinda nora range is he in? I suppose if he's above 80 I won't really play him at all.
    Isn't he's inefficient because Evasive 2 double counts Evasive 1 into overcosting him.

Sonic Flight (flight, Vuln: sonic, eva1) [8 NORA]
    Eva 2 (eva 1 - 3 nora, eva 3 +2 nora into 5 nora... so essentially you're giving him +3Nora for nothing)?

allyorbase likes this.
  3. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

How does evasive work with sonic flight? does that grant it evasive 3?

4. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

And btw i believe slam + whirlpool causes 5 dmg because it knocks 2 back and only pulls 1 in, so that happen with the voil too

5. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

it essentially replaces the Evasive from Sonic Flight. So, if you take Evasive 2, he simply has Evasive 2 (instead of 1).

Thanks. I was going for a Voil that's hard to handle from range, but not outright anti-range (Evasive 3). I feel like giving a flying unit with quasi-Whirlpool and knockback an extra rank of Evasive would be well worth the wasted 3 nora, for some folks. Honestly, I would take Aerial Supremacy in goodstuff and Boon in Voil theme, but if you want to force your opponent to walk up and knock on your door, I think Evasive 2 gets that done.

Perhaps Dodge 1 would be more useful, but I would like to steer clear of yet more dodge in the Voil theme. It's a lot of finger-jamming and whoops-forgot-to-activate-dodge, as it is. :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014