Voil Quartmaster - Pilfer + Toss Support

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Mar 31, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Voil Quartermaster
    Shattered Peaks

Race: Voil
    Class: Rogue

Flavor Text:
    "Mule? I'd prefer to think of it as deliverin' important things to the front lines and occasionally murderin' a G'hern who's called me a 'mule'."

Gist:
    Steal and Toss equipment from unit to unit -- friend and foe alike. CDs on respective abilities keeps the steal/give mechanic balanced and helps to prevent abuse. Pretty straightforward utility champ, with some fun/useful upgrades.

DMG: 11
    SPD: 7
    DEF: 1
    RNG: 2-5
    HP: 42

Cost: 70? Big "not sure" on this for now.

Attack: Net
    Mobility
    Pilfer
    Running Start
    Sonar 2
    Toss (AP: 2, CD: 4)
    Equipment on this champion is removed and equipped to target champion within 2 spaces.

Upgrades:
    Lay Trap: Poison Cloud
    Recycle
    Reinforcement 2
    Trickster

Why:
    Shattered Peaks is a faction that does well with lots of equipment. Most of my SP BGs have more equips than spells, in fact. So, I've always wanted to see a Voil that plays off of this, both defensively and offensively. This guy is pretty versatile. He can run in to battle and swap equipment around, lay a trap or make an attack, and then run out until he's needed again -- or, he can stick around and do some damage, but he's a bit clunky with Running Start and low HP. No clue on nora cost yet.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Like the concept. But I'd start to making champion suggestions with the less abilities possible approach.

3. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Voil have Sonar and Flight. This one has Running Start instead of Flight, but you get my point.

If I removed Sonar and "Flight" from this unit, he wouldn't be a Voil, and if I remove Pilfer and Toss, he is just a boring unit with Mobility and no unique skill set.

I get what you are saying, and I totally agree (if you look at my KF Witches in this forum, they have 4-5 starting abilities), but this isn't an Elf... racials are racials. He only has 4 starting abilities without his "Voilness."

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014