Voils Are Pretty Bad Right Now...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

...Sokolov, could you give them a look over?

After seeing what you did with Wings, I think you could do wonders for Voil.

I think I have a better understanding of how you buff things, so here are my suggestions:

1) Voil Progenitor is just way overpriced to be competitive. I know that you are thinking of buffing Titans already, but here are some thoughts. I think his 2nd ability line should be changed to give him some options that are more defensive. His 1st ability line already has 3 Surge options. There is no need for the 2nd ability line to also have Surge abilities. Give Refuge: Voil is just way too costly for being such a bad ability. It's costed at 10 nora, but could easily be put at 2 nora, and still be considered a 2-nora sandbag. Also, Voil Progenitor has a bug that if you deploy 2 of them, they will both die. I think this is a remnant of the code from before that made all Titans Unique, but they are not Unique anymore.

2) Voil Jester could really use Backlash back as an available upgrade. He was the Voil's only hope against the likes of Unholy Tomb. With the nerf to Backlash, I don't see a reason that Voil Jester couldn't get it back. Maybe as an upgrade on his 1st ability line?

3) Firebomber could use several more hit points. How about 3 more, so he has at least the number of hit points that a Voil Jester would have?

4) Could you give Voil Queen the ability to upgrade to Summon Bat 3 on her 1st ability line? It would be worth it even if she has to pay the extra nora for it. She is the queen after all. ;)

5) Voil Glarewing is one of the worst of the latest exotics. At range 4, he can attack for 4 damage...just not good. Not sure what to do with him though cause if you remove Dissipate from him, he's just not worth the extra 8 nora.

Anyone else have suggestions for the Voil theme?

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I somehow doubt voils are bad.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

The only rune that is bad on this list is Glarewing(I didn't bother counting the titan because all titans suck). The rest are good and you just want changes so they are more appealing to you. Voil are pretty decent atm and don't really need to many buffs.

4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

You don't really know what you're talking about. Phalanx/Boost is dead. The theme revolved around 3 runes that all got nerfed to an unappealing state (guard, queen, imperialist). The insane stat build up was all they had post revamp.

mw24 and Elric like this.
  5. SaintKiwi

Buff voil jester

OriginalG1, mw24 and Elric like this.
  6. Sirius

I found Glarewing to be kind of decent actually, but I didn't play it in Voil.

7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

My apologies, SP is the only faction I have never played but from the outside looking in voil don't seem too bad on paper.

8. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

not to repeat myself but basically all Voil are overcosted of 5 nora for Sonic flight:
    sonic flight 8 nora, grants evasive 1 (3 nora) vuln. sonic (-3 nora) and fliyng(that is a condition that comes from an ability worth 6 nora(flight is 6 nora plus a free sentry 2)
    doing the math (and considering that sonic flight doesn't give sentry 2) the ability should cost 3(just the plain flight nora cost),so a 5 nora overcost!

and yes they are in a really bad situation right now, they lack of a good ranged dmg option (the only decent one is the sorcerer) and the phalanx style with boost it's not worth it at all (boost 1 on the imperialist,that's it).

soulmilk, Raikan, mw24 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Elric

Wow, your first post was so authoritative as if you knew the Voil play style inside and out, only to find out that you never played them. Oh well, your honesty is appreciated. ;)

mw24 likes this.
  10. Elric

My gosh, that is a HUGE find!

Sokolov?!!? How can this be?!!?

11. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

it's not my find but @Raikan's one, and yes is really huge....we could have at that price evasive 2 instead of 1, or a 5 nora discount on all the Voil (yes Sceian included)...it means that Voil could match easily Skeezick on cheap and effective meat.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Isn't passive -5 ?

13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Yeah Voil are pretty bad. Not unplayable bad, just not outstanding in any way. I think the buffs should go towards some underused runes not on the OP's list, though. Maybe like Screecher or another ranged champ? Courier needs some love too, like many of the other diplomats.

14. Sirius

I would absolutely love to see Voil Infernal be buffed a bit and his ability selection cleaned up. His role is really clear, but he's just not really... good (or am I wrong?). But please don't slap a Voil exclusive ability on base, as I'd very much like to use him outside of Voils too.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ah, thanks for the info.

16. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

I thought Voils had the most synergy. They have surges, boost, regal presence, tons of swarm options and summons and a decent racial. What's bad about the theme?

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

They're not OP anymore

Sealer0 likes this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Kharon Their synergy isn't very good now and their range options are poor and or expensive.

Devilsrath got them gutted after I got lucky and beat him with sceian warcry.

I have tried them several times since their nerfs and they are pretty weak. Not a very competitive bg.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  19. SaintKiwi

DMrBadguy made the changes to voil before you even started playing.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

When was that? I am talking about the boost nerf mainly.