Vortaevian Cultist

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by badgerale, Oct 5, 2016.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Art shows a cowled human with strange symbols tattooed on his face.

"Word of the ferryman Vortaev spread across the surface races. His name is whispered in darkened rooms, among the fearful and among the desperate. For he has promised that which few others could - immortality"

Faction: UD
    Race: Human
    Class: Priest
    Stats: generally pooey but maybe a bit of range
    Cost 65-70ish

Attack: Magic
    Death Charge 2
    Charged Summon: Gateway to Sheoul (spend 8 charges and summon the below relic)

upgrade 1: Scry / Favour / Council: spells
    upgrade 2: Resurrect / Essence Claw / Soulharvest 1

Gateway to Sheoul -- Works exactly like skywing beacon (maybe demon only if that is possible)
    Art shows a demon stepping out from an arcane circle on the floor
    ------------------

Intention: A support champ that gives tactically interesting mid/late game options for UD through alternative deployment zones.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Woffleet, IMAGIRL and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Gotta be careful about giving ranged essence claw and soulharvest. That said, awesome champ.

3. badgerale

Essence Claw is a range 1 alt-attack like Bash or Stab so it shouldn't be a problem on range:

Essence Claw (13 nora)
    This champion makes a Psychic attack against target champion at RNG 1. If this destroys the champion, a 12 HP copy of the destroyed champion with Warding is summoned in its place under your control.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Ah my bad. Scratch what I said then hehe

5. badgerale

An alternative ability, which wouldn't require two runes, would be:

Open gateway: Target an AoE 2 centred on a space within 3 spaces from this unit. At the start of your next turn, effected spaces become deployment zone for 2 rounds. This ability is removed after use. 4 AP.

IMAGIRL and Tweek516 like this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I see what you did there.

7. badgerale

It would be a one use ability, so it would be very dependant on skillful placement - which I like. You could easily mess it up and waste it (by not having Nora to deploy, or letting the opponent block the deployment zone, or just placing it somewhere it isn't that great).

On the other hand, with enough Nora saved it could mean multiple deploys in a central font.

Maybe should start on cooldown to prevent draw ****.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I like it. I like the short-term, more powerful version, seems more like UD. Would like to stay away from Charged abilities in general unless we built it into the ability like we awnt to do in future abilities possibly.

19madfox95, Tweek516 and badgerale like this.