Vothsair

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Authyrtyr, Aug 5, 2014.

?

Should we have more Vothsair runes?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Absolutely

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. I'm a communist

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

That's right, let's throw down some ideas for new Vothsair runes. Gedden mentioned it on the last Q&A and any UD player that doesn't like the Vothsair is a liar. Without further ado, here's some of my ideas. Feel free to comment on them or provide your own. I'm not going to put in nora cost (because of algorithm) and we can all assume that all of these runes are UD.

Gedden suggested this ability to put on them (I came up with the name):
    Unstoppable Wrath - If this champion misses an attack then it makes another attack against the same target for free. Every time this triggers this champion gets +1 DMG until end of turn.

Vothsair Wrathmage
    Race: Demon, Class: Wizard
    Rarity: Exotic, Size: Large
    Flavor Text: "The most fearsome aspect of the Vothsair is their indomitable rage. That's why he is the most deadly force in the Vothsair Spires"
    Artwork: Vothsair wearing blood-red robes over armor holding 4 staffs which are glowing red and black.

Stats:
    DMG: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-3, DEF: 2, HP: 49

Abilities:
    Attack - Magical
    Blind Rage
    Stir Rage - Target Large Demon in 6 spaces gains Fury until end of turn. If it already had Fury reset it's attack chain and give it 2AP instead. (AP: 4, CD: 3)

Path 1:
    Magic Blast
    Knockback 3
    Strike

Path 2:
    Grant: Rage Potion
    Drive
    Train: Berserker 2

Vothsair Ragefist
    Race: Demon, Class: Warrior
    Rarity: Uncommon, Size: Large
    Flavor Text: "Please walk quietly, a single Vothsair is all that it will take and I will be unable to save us"
    Artwork: Vothsair wearing bloodied steel coverings on all his hands about to beatdown a party of dwarves.

Stats:
    DMG: 12, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 1, HP: 52

Abilities:
    Attack - Physical
    Blind Rage

Path 1:
    Pummel 2
    Pummel 3
    Slam

Path 2:
    Knockback 2
    Pounce 2
    Violent

Vothsair Hoarder
    Rarity: Rare, Size: Large
    Flavor Text: Some Vothsair like to collect the biggest weapons that they can find. After all, what better use for 4 arms?
    Artwork: Vothsair with a dozen different man sized weapons strapped to its back wielding 4 similar weapons.

Stats:
    DMG: 11, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 1, HP: 50

Abilities:
    Attack - Physical
    Blind Rage
    Weapon Hoarder - Equip target friendly champion in 5 spaces with a Night Blade, Sheoul Firebow, or Hate Leech

Path 1:
    Equip: Night Blade
    Equip: Sheoul Firebow
    Equip: Hate Leech

Path 2:
    Shield Throw
    Throw Axe

Notes: The exact equipment for the Hoarder I'm unsure about but definitely that's how I would structure him

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I like it!

3. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I like the Hoarder. Always loved the "Equip:X" ability. Not sure if Shield Throw is needed. (He is also a hoarder, so I don't think he would want to throw away something.)
    Not sure about all of them having Arrow Eater. Seems a bit OP when running them all together. All of them having Faithless however would lead to some interesting playstyles.

4. Authyrtyr

Faithless and Arrow Eater are there because the original two have them. I agree that having a race of units with Arrow Eater is a tad overpowered. Maybe downgrade to Evasive 1/2/3 or some other anti-ranged mechanic.

soulmilk likes this.
  5. Authyrtyr

Vothsair Rampager
    Rarity: Rare, Size: Large
    Flavor Text: "Don't even try running"
    Artwork: Vothsair running down a dirt path very fast swinging his weapons willy-nilly.

Stats:
    DMG: 12, SPD: 7, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 49

Abilities:
    Attack - Physical
    Blind Rage
    Charge 3

Path 1:
    Crushing Charge
    Crazed Charger
    Blitz

Path 2:
    Break the Line
    Quest: Runner
    Running Strike

6. Authyrtyr

Here's an idea. Let's say that Vothsair get the following ability:
    Blind Rage - This champion has Faithless. As long as this champion isn't occupying any spaces in your spell presence this champion has Arrow Eater.

As a tradeoff for being immune to ranged (unless they have precision or strike, I can't remember which) you don't have the surprise value of being able to use battlefield spells and aren't able to sac/ret your units. Do you guys think that's balanced? Or is it still too much?

Woffleet and soulmilk like this.
  7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Arrow eater absorbs the damage when hit from a ranged attack, so neither precision or strike counters it.
    I think it's balanced to be honest, I like it.
    However, It would change Reaver's usability as a font tank. So maybe don't give the racial to him, but other Vothsair can have that racial. (Not all champions need racial is what Gedden is saying after all.)

Woffleet likes this.
  8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

them having arrow eater outside of spell range is pretty good, but maybe simply having absorb would do more good while not being OP if vothsair becomes a theme (which I hope happens soon)

9. Authyrtyr

I say give the Reaver Font Defender back, it's in his lore

Vothsair Reaver
    Metadata and Stats unchanged

Attack - Physical
    Perseverance
    Blind Rage

Line 1:
    Blood Frenzy 1
    Blood Frenzy 2
    Blood Frenzy 3

Line 2:
    Font Defender
    Hold the Line
    Multiattack 1

And some new ideas I got last night:

Vothsair Spires (Relic)
    Nora: 45
    HP: 30, DEF: 1

Effect: Friendly Large Demons that aren't occupying spaces in your spell presence gain Violent. Whenever you deploy a demon champion from your runedock it gains Faithless.

@Gedden , how do you like this brainstorming session? Any suggestions you'd like to throw into the mix?

Woffleet likes this.
  10. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

so the spires is just a relic that does nothing?

11. Authyrtyr

Weird, I could've swore I wrote the effect in

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The effect is gimped by the fact that it is not preordained, fonts and shrines also have spell presence.

13. Authyrtyr

But only in the deployment zone right? Preordained wouldn't be a terrible idea on it but you don't need spell presence to deploy relics.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I think your missing the points here. No preordained means any champ you deploy before you get the relic will have a spell presence. Shrines have a spell presence of AoE 10 and fonts a spell presence of AoE 6. The way you have it worded.

"Effect: Friendly Large Demons that aren't occupying spaces in your spell presence gain Violent. Whenever you deploy a demon champion from your runedock it gains Faithless."

Means that for rather larger portions of each map. Weather the champion has a spell presence or not. They will either be in the font or shrines spell presence and therefore not get the bonus. It also implies that only 2v2 champs will get the bonus. While still gimping ANY demon of their spell presence regardless of size.

The rune should be as follows to work correctly.

Vothsair Spires (Relic)
    Nora: 30
    HP: 15, DEF: 2

Effect: Friendly Demons that do not have a spell presence gain Violent. Whenever you deploy a demon champion from your runedock it gains Faithless. This relic is preordained.

This would be perfect.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    soulmilk likes this.
  15. Authyrtyr

Mine specifies my own spell presence so the only place on the map where they don't get the bonus is my own shrine and font deployment zones. It's meant to work with the fact all the Vothsair already have Faithless. I agree with the Preordained thing though.

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

can they get the bonus while only IN spell presence instead? Having little spell presence is a little hard to play with as is, so why not make it so you have to keep a vothsair in spell range if you want him to be stronger. It'd be a little hard if you have to move all the way out of spell range just to gain arrow eater where you'll probably be hit already just coming up with a 2x2 fatty, then greeted by his melee to possibly either keep you in spell range or just finish you off. Now if it were only inside he gained arrow eater then perhaps he'd have a better time while still being restricted from venturing too far on his own. I also like the idea of being more absorb over arrow eater on some vothsairs just so they aren't completely OP against range.

17. Authyrtyr

Well the idea is that the cost for completing dominating range is that you don't have access to targeted spells.

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

since vothsairs are so huge and have four arms I am going to suggest a new ability.

Rip in half: target non-unique champ within two spaces is ripped in half. (ripped in half: target champion is is replicated and both units become eviscerated 5) Any equipment equipped is destroyed.

This could set up madding echo's and fire blast gibs. Replicate is when two champs are created from one and the hp is cut in half like the kf slag or imp familiar.

I like the Goro flavor it gives vothsairs. Should it work on friendly's and opposing champs or just opposing champs? It should work on large and small units, to me.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  19. Authyrtyr

If you're ripped in half I personally feel like you should be dead.

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

pox logic dough. Eviscerated 5 is show them bleeding out. Maybe they become surrounded by blood globes instead? If you rip in half a large champ that swallowed another champ whole, it frees the swallowed champ. (To avoid the swallowed champ for being replicated as well)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014