Vothsairs

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MEATMAN, Sep 6, 2014.

1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Does anyone use either of the vothsairs? Just curios really.

I usually use reaver with frenzy 3 and hold the line. I'm thinking of trying him with a hate leech to make him able to get a ton of health back at blood frenzy capable health.

Ireguard x2 sometimes at rank 3 multi attack is pretty fun too.

Sucks we only have 2 vothsairs, such a fun race and I wish we had more, but I can see why there is so few since both so far have arrow eater. Doesn't have to be a racial theme though and I can deal without it on one. moar plz.

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I'd use both if I had them.
    They just look so cool.

New ones probably shouldn't have Arrow Eater, though. Absorb at the MOST.
    It just feels so strong to automatically be immune to range if you are so good at melee.

3. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Don't run Reaver with BF3/HtL, that's such an expensive build.

Run him at 79 with Shield Throw and BF1, super efficient and super good.

Ireguard sux.

Legato and SaintKiwi like this.
  4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

ireguard sux? D :

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Generally if I pick one to use. I use Ireguard if I need a decent Melee with AoE movement denial for fear of Engage Lock. It is especially funny if you split with ST and use Galeforce to sneak up on a group, or push a single unit to you. I use Reaver generally as a font defender. However many a time I have been content to run 2x of each in a bg and go wild with a diffrent playstyle for Reaver.

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Ireguard isn't bad but he's a big investment that needs backup to let him snowball.

You'll want some nefari guardians and dep about to keep him alive, maybe a dark pact too.

Even so, against good players there will always be a way to get rid of him.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I usually see him die due to aoe

9. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

Both Vothsairs are currently overcosted to be really viable.

I only regret that my Anti Range BG is not working anymore because of this. Anti range should be made a theme in UD.

10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Devils pointed out to me that blood frenzy 3 on a perseverance unit is pretty nuts, so I ran him in UD bg's and he's right. If your opponent is unable to get rid of perseverance which in most games the cant, I get some ridiculous damage and generally a kill right before I sacrifice him. So I think Reavers are definitely worth running, iregaurd not so much though. But hey it's all a matter of opinion and personal preference.

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Blood frenzy 3 is mostly what makes reaver scary now. Personally don't run a hate leech but it can mark him burst in some health with blood frenzy