War in the Old World - Poxnora Players - Mordheim/Warhammer combined campaign

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, May 14, 2014.

1. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'd be up for it.

3. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Id play

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

How would that work? Was it made into an online game or would I have to read a rulebook again? Because I got enough of rulebooks for now :p

5. Tarth

Rulebook. You would get a PDF and read it to set up a army and effectively have multiple fights like here on pox when they do those world war campaigns in the forums.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Sounds intriguing and like something I really can't find the time for :(

7. Comissar

:(

We'd be happy to have you if you change your mind

For the record, I'm likely to go with Vampire Counts for this

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sounds fun, when would we be starting? :p

9. Comissar

After my exams, so probably some time next weekend

10. bluestun

bluestun Member

Are you planning on using roll20 for all of this? You may want to test a few regular warhammer games first. Im a little concerned about trying to use thousand point armies on roll20. Doing a multi warband mordheim sometimes seemed a little crowded, so each team using multiple 20/30/40/50/or in skaven's case, 60 strong units to fight each other seems like it would be much harder. Can't use single tokens to represent units either because its really important to know where exactly every person in a unit is for hand to hand and shooting LOS not to mention OOA units.

11. Tarth

They are doing the testing right now. Watching Comi and Mol fight it out with vamps and an Empire offshoot.

12. Comissar

Yeah, it's working pretty well, actually. It can get a little laggy copying units over initially, but once everything's there, it works well.

13. Comissar

Could I get everyone to start working on a 2000 point army list and a 500 gold warband please? We'll use the same warband rules for Mordheim as in Molosse's campaign thread (here). Once you have completed warbands and army lists, please post them in this thread with points break down. In the case of magic items for the armies, I'm going to ask that they're all declared to ensure that there's no underhand play in changing magic items between battles (not that I don't trust you, I just don't trust you :p ).

If you're struggling to find a Mordheim Warband that matches your army of choice, Elves spring to mind, pick a thematically appropriate warband instead and just confirm in the thread that it's acceptable. An example of this might be a Woodsmen de Artois warband allying with Wood Elves.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Question: where do I blow stuff up and plant these flags¿