We need moar. This time for real.

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MakarovJAC, Jun 9, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

It's no secret that nowadays, some of our cherised old traditions, such as beating thing in the face and eating arrows for cornflakes are no longer a viable strategy. Right now, we have seen how is it that champions with Evasive, Reflexes, and Resistance: Physical, Inmunity: Physical, and Fire Eater abbilities have been spawning numerously outside UD.

More over, a single Dark Pact, or a Pure Fire are no longer safe bets since hidden effects are also increasing in number in other factions. Which only makes these, once powerful spells into nothing but a russian roulette with half a bullet in it.

And when it comes to our other cleansing sources, which are usually less effective than the ones avialable elsewhere which allows for large area of effect cleanse and Dispell, unlike our rudimentary "summon a champ, and wait for next turn. Move him while saving ap. Wait for next turn. Get him within harms reach, then try cleasing & dispelling the enemy champ...if not safeguarded first by some dumb effect which prevents target champion abbilities to be countered".

We don't really have counters against that, besides FR...which migh be as well the moron answer for all problems, but once every bishop's burial. And trust me, they never die.

So, given the circunstances, I was thinking that we should start by requesting stuff which will not make us OP, because the first thing that happens when UD gets nice things is that they get nerfed beyond recognition, is to ask for stuff that still make us competent at what we do best.

So, I just made a little list of things we could use, are not OP, and frankly is unfair that every skimo and their moms have one but we don't:

-Alternative damage besides fire & physical on melee champions as basic attack.
    -More effects which grant benefits only to UD, and provides no benefits to non-friendly champions. Seriously, Breath of Ash sucks.
    -More abbility counter abbilities. Last time we got one, it got nerfed so bad that nobody thinks Voidraker is cool anymore.
    -More Hidden effect. Split Personality became expensive as heck, and rare as well simply because we needed them. Otherwise, we wouldn't have enough defensive stuff to rely on. Which, to add, is almost nothing.
    -More genuine beaters, enrage, blood frenzy, frenetic, multiattack. Otherwise, remove any mention from the faction description which makes reference to high damage, pain, and punishment, and beaters too. Seriously, we have almost too few of these, and it's a pain to see them numerous elsewhere...specially where they have no reason to be there.
    -More HP at generous nora cost. Ok, screw up the "glass cannon" BS we have been feed for so long. Our champs have pathetic hp, and no real healing whatsoever, and lets not forget the complete lack of defense and debuffs. There is no logic reason for our champions to have low HP. And resurrection is not enough. it only affects Elves, and it seemingly affects non-UD elves too.
    -Retribution 2.0 and Sacrifice 2.0. I can't believe this has been left out for so long. They are as necessary as they are old. And yet, given the current circunstances with Resistance: Magic, swarming, and several different spell counters, we still rely on them. And they haven't been improved at all, except for Shattered Nerves which evolved into Red Sand, then Split Personality.

Just like that. It's not too much. I mean, it's not like a new racial nobody as asking for *cough*goblins*cough*, as well as finding a way to solidify our strenghs rather than...sigh...try out something new because...reasons.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Wait. You want sacrfafice and retribution to be better? seriously who requests buffs for spells that are already amazingly good.

JellyBerry likes this.
  3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i think im the only one who wants the next expansion where we have less meta (Minimum 1-2) and ore focus on building themes other than demon elves w
    hate to say this but we have too many demon/elves

saromon50 likes this.
  4. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

At that point it made me realize he just wants to switch factions.

5. chickenpox2

i switched to kf ages ago cause i knew UD qas on a downward spiral

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Wait wat?

JellyBerry likes this.
  7. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

1) Alternative damage besides fire & physical on melee champions as basic attack...
    Fire phoenix , and shock-bow * yes i know shock-bow is ranged*

2)-More effects which grant benefits only to UD, and provides no benefits to non-friendly champions. Seriously, Breath of Ash sucks:
    Breath of ash was designed in a way that we shouldn't care if it helps the enemy because we wouldn't have ranged attacks, so maybe only run it in bgs without ranged.

3) -More ability counter abilities. Last time we got one, it got nerfed so bad that nobody thinks Voidraker is cool anymore.
    We have Fading recollection? maybe im mis-understanding what you want so ill leave this one

4)-More Hidden effect. Split Personality became expensive as heck, and rare as well simply because we needed them. Otherwise, we wouldn't have enough defensive stuff to rely on. Which, to add, is almost nothing.
    35 nora is not expensive , whispers is 35 nora too. if you meant rune value, thats not a balance concern that's a rune availability concern.

5) -More genuine beaters, enrage, blood frenzy, frenetic, multiattack. Otherwise, remove any mention from the faction description which makes reference to high damage, pain, and punishment, and beaters too.
    I know you think this would help, but we would much rather receive runes with tactical benefits ( helpful abilities, relocate ( which we got a ton of now) , etc.) Rather then just beaters.

6)More HP at generous nora cost. Ok, screw up the "glass cannon" BS we have been feed for so long. Our champs have pathetic hp, and no real healing whatsoever, and lets not forget the complete lack of defense and debuffs. There is no logic reason for our champions to have low HP. And resurrection is not enough. it only affects Elves, and it seemingly affects non-UD elves too.

Healing : Griefbearer fountain
    Defense : Masochism , Nefari guardian , sheoul monstrosity.... the vothsairs technically are imm to range if that counts. And thats only the runes i run , so there is more.
    debuffs : split personality is technically a debuff since it lasts 4 turns , but i suppose we indeed do not have many debuffs.

-Retribution 2.0 and Sacrifice 2.0. I can't believe this has been left out for so long. They are as necessary as they are old. And yet, given the current circunstances with Resistance: Magic, swarming, and several different spell counters, we still rely on them. And they haven't been improved at all, except for Shattered Nerves which evolved into Red Sand, then Split Personality.

Resistance magic, not the most common ability , but OK it does indeed hit retri
    Swarming: ? how does this matter what so ever when referring to these spells?
    Several different spell counters: by several do you mean Snowblind? yes snow blind does suck..... i usually cast mind-slicer boomerang before sac or retry vs ST.

Retri and sacrifice are some of the best spells in the game , and they have been for years. We should be praying they don't get nerfed rather asking for buffs for them.

This being said , i am fine with UD getting buffed in different aspects of our play. Maybe just to increase our tactical game play rather then just straight up hit harder , tank harder.

Lets not devolve to zealots

8. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Well, show your proposals. I'm all ear to people proposing to improve our faction without turning the table and leaving the other side on the same situation. Or the worst possible scenario, Protectorate 2.0.

Regarding of why Breath of Ash sucks, do you remember Awestruck? Yep, that's the reason it sucks. Try on a melee-only bg which seemingly relies more on face-to-face rather than sniping. Oh, yes, every known effect which renders melee attacks useless will prevail. And some people will reply "Ranged beats Awestruck" Then I'll gladly saiy "I just played Breath of Ash, professor!". Yep, getting countered on melee? Shame on you. Countering yourself on ranged? Shame on me. Allow me to recall how is it that nobody ever uses Mindslicer Obelisk. Oh, yes, it affects us too. So no mighty Grimlic, no swisz-knife Demon Lich, and no powerful Shock-bow.

And here's where things will get ugly, because if a dev comes over to talk us "into reason" he's going to add that it doesn't matter the number of strenghs a faction has. Eventhough it's well-known that swisz-army knife champs will mow down simpler champions. Guys, we have been through this years ago when the Devs at that time even modified the champion upgrade design to only 2 options out of 4 in order to prevent more swisz-knife champs. And I'm talking of SOE's age.

So, we need them, and we need them now. I'm all ears. I don't know the situation of the "player council"; wether they still exist; wether they have some authority to talk to devs; anything. I was the only one to openly voice that we required more relocation since we got DEP nerfed. Wether I had any influence in the decision of the Devs, when a month after I posted them we got 2 relocation champs, and one champion with Leap when I openly denounced that every boghopper has Leap but on a general basis, almost every UD champion should be grateful they weren't given Lumbering. I don't know if my posts had something to do with it, or it was just an amazing coincidence. But I can assure you that they rarely discuss things such as these. If any.

9. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

I think we're good

10. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Obelisk should not affect the demon lich as it affects range of 4 and over. (cleasing flame is range 4, but I don't think it counts as an attack as you can target friendlies)

11. phaselock

phaselock New Member

Sheoul disciples have electricity as basic attack, running them with shockbos. Corrupted cultists have LoL.

I think the primary complaint is UD playstyle is generally boring. There was a time when we were known for explosive high damage from stuff like borghas/ember wasp/fire blast. But sadly, those days are gone. And the way to deal damage hasn't evolved enough to develop a newer sustainable style unique to UD. Not saying that our boring playstyle is wrong or bad, just that besides trying to sock that jaw up close for the nth time, there could be other ways to deal that punch.

Nothing against the themes, they are great to have fun with and take the tedium off. Maybe DoW should care more about themes ? Shrugs...

drathys and chickenpox2 like this.
  12. chickenpox2

UD has most usage yet i doubt that 90% actually enjoy playing UD
    mostly just play UD to abuse the strong faction bonus

13. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I have played all the factions over time and still enjoy UD the most. Tricksy KF decks are fun for a while, but big ugly brutes stomping on nice elves never gets old.

Admittedly, I generally run splits to access decent support runes. 'Hello Mr Ireguard, meet Favour of the Queen.' Etc.

14. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

I thought this was an appreciation and petition for more goblins thread. Much dissapoint.
    I hate you guys.

15. chickenpox2

if we wish hard enough midterms will boa new goblin

16. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

If no You get all my roonz... unless a wild Vothsair appears.

17. chickenpox2

how do you know you got no proof