We need TV ads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

Which is weird, because java is one of the easier things to port to ios. Even though java is banned, you can use a compiler to translate it pretty reliably.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

why is java banned is it a security issue ?

3. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

Ask Apple.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Competition is a threat to the security of Apples profits

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

but not android im sure that they are no restrictions for them and the android market is larger

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- "Please greens communicate with us" ... aka - "why you no stand still for dis firing squad." Even you guys must realize your out of hand.

7. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

Just wanted say these are some of my favorite posts by Senshu. They feel honest and revealing. Senshu, give it to us raw, bb.

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Really, Really, so we come out and say what is happening and in the Q&A said there will be a balance pass coming in the near future. I may have been overly dramatic about the unable to comprehend, but there is far more going on than what we can publicly discuss. I am only laying out the reality of what is happening. The very reasons why this type of stuff isn't discussed is because of this reaction. I admit, that the original intent was to put an end to the doom saying by pointing out the the actual realities of the game business but my mistake.

9. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

The mistake wasn't what you said so much as how you said it. I was already hovering over the "Like!" button until I reached the (now omitted) sentence I reacted to. I assumed it was a result of rushed work and pointed it out so you could respond with an "oops, let me fix that!" style of post. It's what you've done in the past and what I expected to happen. Instead, you made another blunder with a less-than-professional (now also omitted) reply.

Don't use my reaction to your mistake as a reason to not communicate with us. I've been on your side of things for most of this journey and will gladly tell Burn or Boozha they're being bums where appropriate. Unfortunately, the way in which you handled this issue makes it harder for me to disagree with them going forward.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

take a deep breath.

11. Senshu

Yes, and I admit that my response to your post was a failed attempt at sarcasm directed at those who have been problem posters. Serves me right for trying to fighting fire with fire.

12. Zero

Zero Active Member

Hmm, I feel slightly bad about making this thread now.

13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Dont, every thread gets derailed this way with the thread always going back to the one same question. It's just the nature of the pox forums currently.

14. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

Lol. Don't feel bad. Senshu getting baited by forum trolls was going to happen somewhere eventually. It happens to a lot of indie community managers. Nothing he could have said would have made them happy. The only thing he can aim for is posts that are successfully diplomatic enough not to provide any additional ammunition. He should have just stayed silent.

15. Senshu

Yeah, it was my mistake for wanting to be honest thinking that would quell things, and then using their own antics against them. Spending so much time on the forums seems to have resulted in some thing rubbing off. Maybe I should use gloves.

Gaedel likes this.
  16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

17. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

IMO, the trick is to heartlessly ghost edit people you don't like until they ragequit the forum.

18. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

Senshu, you should absolutely not feel as if you made a mistake with those series of posts. I felt this was the most informative posts you have made in some time. I enjoyed seeing your thought process and honest opinion. Besides, you have to admit it felt to good to rile us up a bit.

I'd prefer you kept the filter off, and anyone who says otherwise and complains about a lack of communication is hypocritical. Toughen up folks. If you can dish it out, you can take it.

19. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

Nah. His mistake was posting the inflammatory stuff that gave the trolls something to grab onto. He removed it when the high of being right wore off. The other stuff is good and all, but it's already been said. He's just pissing in the wind until they actually release something to shove in the trolls' faces.

20. Senshu

That is true, deviating from my standard policy did what I always expected would happen. But, I wanted to give it a try before I bring out the hammer. Also, pissing in the wind isn't bad if you remember to wear a poncho ;)

Gaedel likes this.