Weak FW Runes

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by D4rkSteel, Nov 20, 2014.

1. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Can we get a list of runes that definitely need a buff? Also, post any suggestions on how they could change the rune to make it better. Tell me if you disagree with me
    I'll start

Legendary: | Suggestions:
    Defiler Knight | Needs something unique to fit into a theme
    Bonewing | Remove Rebuke, add some range + flanking
    Obsidian Venger | Make him cheaper or stronger, define paladin class
    Mysian Lamia
    Dark Apprentice | [Liches need a race defining ability!]
    Spectral Emissary | Drop cost
    Exotic:
    Bloodworm
    Carrion Collosus
    Dark Knight | Worse version of Lich's Servitor, make him cheaper
    Rare:
    Dark Enchantress
    Necromancer
    Elder Bloodbinder | Needs dark raven form at base, drop cost
    Soul corruption
    Ark of Elsari
    Statue of Xulos
    Lichbone staff

Uncommon:
    Anthropomancer | [Liches need a race defining ability!]
    Revenant
    Blight the holy
    Plague
    Spell trap
    Common:
    Soul collector | [Liches need a race defining ability!]
    Shade Stalker
    Decayed Mercenary
    Bone Crusher
    Crown of Nightbarbs
    Black Ops
    Mist of the dead
    Undead Magister
    | Make him cheaper by dropping Resistance for example
    Utterdark Soulrender
    | Drop soultap, he has Soul channeling anyway
    Corpse Collection
    Mysian Necromancer | Doesn't fit in anywhere
    Delay
    Drain the earth
    Serkan's touch
    Necroweave
    Setback
    Plague trap

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

venger isn't weak Ma2+ obsidian sheild and desecrate is good
    lamia

3. D4rkSteel

A 1 range melee champ with 10 dmg for 84 nora is pretty bad imo. Even with the obsidian shield, hes just too easy to take down. Compare it with Abomination or Executioner.

4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Bloodworm - weak expensive melee beater
    I suggest making him cheaper and more cost efficent upgrades to choose from.
    Carrion collosus - my first fw exo and a Bane Shift rune for a very long time
    He needs to be cheaper and focused around carrions
    Dark enchantress - bunch of random abilities put together on one rune with no synergy
    Elsari siren - body jumper will either be bad or too good,just remove it and make her focused on being a witch
    Necromancer-necromancer is a bad version of forsaken follower
    Revenant-either needs to be really cheap because of short lived or he needs short lived 2 to be a spirit version of skeleton berserker
    Undead magister-spell blockade is 50 nora
    Utterdark fadewisp- high cost,low stats and poison damage
    The soulstrike trio:Elsari reaper,Experimental warpsirit and Aspect of death,soulstrike is overpriced at 22 nora and 3 champion are sandbagged.
    Elsari reaper could lose speed and range and he needs upgrades that are not expensive and useless.
    Experimental warpsirit should be fine if soulstrike if made a little bit cheaper and possibly distichous.
    Aspect of death should be either focused on soulstrike or death knell.
    Mindthief and phantsam creeper are somehow useless and have lack of basic attack and bunch of useless abilities that have nothing to do with each other or much synergy with fw or worm theme.

5. D4rkSteel

I added a few of these on the list, but I think some of the runes you named are not that terrible. I want the most terrible runes of FW in this list.
    I often use Apect of death, I dont think he's that bad, maybe the cost could be a little less. Also, I recently tried mindthief and phantasmal creeper and they are pretty good to be honest. The phantasmal creeper can portal anywhere on the map if the deployment zone of your shrine is big enough. I agree with Necromancer, she's utter Bane Shift. Carrion Colossus is decent but he's still a little bit overpriced.

6. D4rkSteel

Does anyone have General Korsien? I don't know what his stats are in his second form, because he seems pretty bad with easy target

7. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

serkan needs buff

8. Netherzen

I am glad to help.However i think we should focus on tweaking/buffing runes that can be easily acquired and can be used in a theme deck(worm,witch ie.) rather then just buffing runes for the sake of the buffing them.

D4rkSteel likes this.
  9. D4rkSteel

Serkan is decent atm, moragen looks worse

10. D4rkSteel

I agree, but runes like Defiler Knight just needs a buff. Or try to fit in some theme like spirits. He is just terrible atm, there is not a single reason to run him.

Worms and witches are heading in the right direction because of the latest patch though. I think liches and vampires could use some love now...

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Decayed Merc
    Bonecrusher Anyone?

12. Netherzen

We should focus on making runnable themes and bgs,rather then runnables runes.I agree that witches and worm are heading in the right direction but they are still not there and a number of runes is exo/leg which can only be substituted with runes that perform far less.Getting the cheaper rune buffed benefits most people.We get like one or two patches a year with like 6 changes per faction and thats why we should focus on getting as much benefit from that patch as possible for everyone.I have nothing against buffing pet runes and expensive exo/legs but in our current situation that might not be the best thing for everyone.

13. D4rkSteel

Bonecrusher can hit pretty hard with execute and pulverize, there are better options, but hes not terrible imo
    Decayed mercenary is cheap but bad.. Ill add him

14. D4rkSteel

I just expected too much from the latest patch i guess, I'm not a fan of witches or worms. I'd like to see Undead

Ragic likes this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Same on the undead front. But really, Stunning Sweep is 15 nora. I have some drafted suggestions for changes, which I will post up in rune suggestions at some point, along with suggestions for Merc and Bladed Corpse.

D4rkSteel likes this.
  16. Netherzen

I am not completely sure,but i think execute works only on basic attacks,iv seen barbarian elite not triggering execute on power attack,i am assuming its the same with bonecrusher and pulverize.

I like the idea of buffing undead themes like skeleton and lich but i think they are gonna need more work then just buffing couple of runes.

D4rkSteel likes this.
  17. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

they need to define serkans role in liches before they try fixing liches

also elder bloodbinder is weak it way to expensive and seem none uses her as much since the GV nerf

D4rkSteel likes this.
  18. Netherzen

Without surge:lich i dont think serkan is a important part of liches anymore,he is more of a bland faction hero,like mena in kf.
    Vampires are also in a weird place right now,i think they just have to much expensive(nora-wise) champions to take advanatage of the whole blood theme and i am not sure if they are suppose to be ff or split with ud.

19. D4rkSteel

Totally agree.

20. D4rkSteel

I think its better in split with UD, but elder bloodbinder just isn't good enough anymore. And it would be cool if for example they remove frost cone from Serkan (since he has kind of an aoe with vendetta) and add something unique for liches