Weak FW Runes

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by D4rkSteel, Nov 20, 2014.

1. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

True, liches need a new ability... Ill add bonecrusher

2. D4rkSteel

Might add some comments to the runes on the list if DOG is interested

3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think adding comments is a good idea.
    We should talk with our faction representative,and he can then pass the info to developers.

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

utterdark soul render could lose soul tap... I mean he has soul channeling and is melee so units close to him are going to be tapped anyway. This will shave 7 odd nora off his cost from bloat.

Black Ops, Crown of Nightbarbs, and Mist of the Undead are horrid.

A list of terribad runes is good.

5. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

My opinion on weak runes, instead of rarity ill go with race

Spirits.
    Defiler knight: lose relieve, ghostly visage?. Add conqueror or equip ghost pendant? price really need to go down.
    Utterdark fadewisp: this have been discused before, lose poison aura, add.....can someone look for the thread?

Skeletons:
    Boneshredder: lose chasm walker, add clamp.
    Undead magister:lose resistance magical range 3-4, add vulnerable and range 1-2? he is just there for the blockade anyways.
    Skeezick boneblade: lose hunter SL, add illuminate or detection?, he seems to be shining in some sort of way.
    Spectral emissary: this guy was never good, and i really dont have any ideas but he needs some love.
    Bonewing:Lose rebuke add flank haveing and 2-4 range.

Those are the ones that come in to my mind right now, later ill give my opinions on worms and zombies.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  6. D4rkSteel

I'm making a list of runes that are pretty bad, bonehredder imo is pretty Firking good atm, but clamp would kind of make sense because of his arms.
    Spectral emissary was pretty good in the past! I miss him. Bonewing surely needs some rework.

7. Netherzen

Blight the holy-old and useless spell
    Corpse collection - assimilate is a weak ability
    Delay- a spell that was useless from its release to present day
    Drain the earth- a horrible version of despoil that doesnt suck nora globes
    Necroweave- i think i dont need to explain this one
    Plague - situational cleanseable dot disease damage
    Serkan touch- look at the cost and effect
    Setback- a spell that was useless from its release to present day
    Soul corruption- a spell that was useless from its release to present day
    Spell trap-only used in abusing shrine rush decks
    Touch of death- like plague but slightly different
    Mysian necromancer-overcosted and underperforming
    Risen granadier- to qoute Teascholar: Disposable gutter-material. An embarrassment. Don't even bring his ass to the battlefield, he'll make you look bad. Utter trash. Better to be set aflame by one of the warlocks.
    Dark knight- i cant really put my finger on it,but he just sucks
    Ark of the elsari - worst spell seal in the game
    Plague trap - to expensive for the crappy eff,especialy when compared to other traps
    Statue of xulox - utterly inefficent
    Lichbone staff - a ancient relic that has not been viable for a long time,could be reworked to fit with liches,or to turn champs into liches for those champions that have surge lich or syenergy with liches but are not liches

D4rkSteel likes this.
  8. D4rkSteel

Agreed with most of them, thanks for your imput :)

9. Netherzen

Np,i am glad to help.

10. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Korsien, the horseeman, has physical resist 3 and magic resist 3 after he falls off his horse. He also has melee lightning and chain lightning from what I remember. Still teribad.

And I'm sticking to my guns when it comes to liches- they should play a supportive evil role rather than a the glass cannon role they currently have now. They don't need 'an ability', they need 'abilities' and 'flexibility'. As this thread illuminates, many of our options in this faction are very stiff. And then opponent complain when they face the same things over and over again.

Duh, it's because look at all of this other stuff that doesn't work. I experiment with things that didn't make the list but are hardly played nonetheless, and those things are effective. But still the options are too slim even in experimenting. It's usually a 3-5 slot difference when it comes to champs.

Like Risen Yeti. I'd say he's a damn good champ. Especially in a good ol' chopping block execution order bg. When he dies, you moan over the 4 turn cooldown until you can deploy him again. That means he's a valuable asset and you want to deploy him. So he's probably good as he is. And not many people run him.

But the massive list of things that are 'horrid' are indeed so, and if we can't do a full overhaul makeover on liches yet, anything that helps would be great in the meantime, especially after the most recent nerf storm from hell. (I can't believe they nerfed my lumbering champs man.... So wrong. And why dawg? Why????)

We can hope gedden gets bored one day and stumbles upon this topic and realizes "omg, they're right" and does a massive fix patch.

And then I can win the lottery and buy a yacht.

11. D4rkSteel

If liches are supposed to be evil supports to the undead.. Why do they only have synergy with each other with the surge: Lich abilities. Then you have a BG full of only supports.
    I don't understand the nerfs on lumbering champs either.. seems kinda random to me. There is alot of work to be done

12. XFurionsX

Grab your flippie floppies.

13. D4rkSteel

Dude... No.

14. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

@D4rkSteel

It has been discussed before. If liches play support role, they lose surge and glass cannon crap.

The point is not to have a bg full of liches. Do you have any idea how non-flavorful that is in the first place?
    A group of liches working together to fight their opponents? That would never actually happen lorewise.
    The only way it makes sense is if the liches work in a way to where you can sprinkle them into other themes as a support beam. Each lich is the commander who summons crap, not "that one ranged champ that's really expensive".

There is an old thread I made entirely dedicated to the lich reconstruction discussion, where these things are covered at great length.

15. XFurionsX

Agreed with Tea, Lich king is awesome in skeletons, Czar of the void for spirits, so on so on, each theme should have a lich who commands thems, creeps, zombies, hell even witches.
    And @D4rkSteel the lonely island is awesome.

16. yobanchi

To direct it a little better concerning liches… what would be candidates for Creeps/Zombies/Witches?

As for Zombies a good candidate would be Dark Knight.
    Dark Knight
    Undead Zombie Lich
    Upgrade 1: Desecration zone instead of Warding (better in both forms), Black Death (instead of surge lich), Res: Physical
    Upgrade 2: Rabid, Throw Axe, Zombie Apocalypse

Base: Add Vulnerability Magic

17. D4rkSteel

Could you send me a link to this thread?

18. D4rkSteel

Black death would be nice, and would he still have these abilities in the second form?
    Also, didn't all liches have evil aura at some point?

19. yobanchi

Towards the end of Corpse era I believe a lot of theme abilities were being sprayed around including lichs getting Evil Aura.
    With Sok era Theme/Racials become more lax leading to runes that don't necessarily have their racial.

As for Dark knight, that is correct it will be on both forms.

20. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

Witches just got a lichfriend in the form of the Elsari Votary.

Soul Collector is already a Vampyre lich, but seems more like a grunt than a commander. I don't see any current Liches that look like they'd hang out with the Creeps.

Good old Anthropomancer has always been handy for Divine Favor and not much else, so I'd like to see him get a little bit reworked. "Anthropomancy" is a real thing - divination performed with the entrails of dead or dying people - so he'd fit in with themes that do dark divination (witches?), or ones where entrails tend to get exposed (vampyres?) or any where there's a lot of dead and dying things hanging around (death benefit!).