Web with Spiders

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I really love the web terrain in UD Spiders but I feel that it's not very well supported so I thought I'd throw out some ideas of good ways to expand that module. Below are some suggested new versions of existing runes with links to their current versions on PoxBase. I think that the most important buff here is Arachnodemon and Spider Frenzy. Arachnodemon is horrendously shoeboxed for a long time and Spider Frenzy is fairly uninteresting in its current iteration. What do you think? Definitely up for updating these ideas if they're under/over powered.

Arachnodemon
    Race: Arthropod, Demon, Class: None
    Rarity: Uncommon, Size: Small
    Nora Cost: 73

Stats:
    DMG: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-1, DEF: 1, HP: 51

Abilities:
    Attack - Fire
    Creep and Crawl
    Flame Web
    Immunity - Fire

Upgrades:
    Stat Bonus: Speed 1
    Damage Shield: Fire 3
    Forage
    Ignite Web
    - Target a web space within 2 spaces. "Ignite" that web space and every connected web space. Champions occupying an ignited space take 12 Fire damage. Affected web spaces lose all terrain types (except the base one applied by the original map)

Description: Buffed stats a little and gave him a unique ability to increase web interaction. Unsure about exact damage of Ignite but I think it fits well with him.

Broodmother
    Race: Arthropod, Class: None
    Rarity: Uncommon, Size: Large
    Nora Cost: 74

Stats:
    DMG: 10, SPD: 5, RNG: 1, DEF: 2, HP: 60

Abilities:
    Attack - Physical
    Creep and Crawl
    Death Spawn: Spiderling
    Leap 3
    Lumbering
    Poison 1
    Summon Spiderling
    Web

Upgraded Abilities:
    Surge: Arthropod 1
    Life Siphon
    Stat Bonus: Defense 2
    Weave Web

Description: Replaced Surge 2 with Weave Web. Otherwise unchanged.

Weaver
    Race: Arthropod, Class: None
    Rarity: Common, Size: Small
    Nora Cost: 69

Stats:
    DMG: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-1, DEF: 2, HP: 48

Abilities:
    Attack - Fire
    Creep and Crawl
    Pull: Arthropod
    Spider Frenzy
    - Friendly Arthropods gain Domain: Web
    Weave Web
    Web

Upgraded Abilities:
    Tunnel: Web 2
    Web Front
    - At the end of your turns spaces within 2 spaces of this unit become web terrain for 4 turns.
    Consume
    Pull: Webbed[/u] - Target Champion occupying web terrain is relocated to an adjacent web space.

Description: Weaver seems to be designed for web already so I thought I'd have fun with him web support. I definitely feel that changing Spider Frenzy from Mobility to Domain: Web is definitely a good shift although I think that Pull: Webbed might be overkill. Web Front makes him excellent at engaging ranged beaters. Would like thoughts on this guy since he seems to be the poster child of the web module. IMO I think that Weaver should probably be a higher rarity than Common but it's already printed and I don't know if you can change that stuff.

This last one is my own invention to add some support for the web module.
    Kl'zik's Paragon
    Race: Arthropod, Demon, Class: Shaman
    Rarity: Rare, Size: Large
    Artwork: Spider/Centaur like Kl'zik bowing to Kl'zik who is standing on a bulging hill of spiderlings.
    Flavor Text: "Lead my armies to battle. Do this and we may begin our advance on the fools above."
    Nora Cost: 77

Stats:
    DMG: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-1, DEF: 0, HP: 40

Ablities:
    Attack - Physical
    Revere: Kl'zik
    - Kl'zik costs 10% less to cast. When Kl'zik is in play this unit gains Weave Web and Trail: Web
    Bulwark: Arthropod

Upgraded Abilities:
    LIfe Siphon
    Web
    Poison 2
    Absorb

Description: Mid to Late game Spider Tank with some web support once you've played Kl'zik.

rickyjpen and Les Paul like this.
  2. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Of all the forums ideas I have seen in the last few months this is literally my favorite one.... Oh my goodness. Don't stop there please! Spiders is an underwhelming theme. Maybe toss in some domain: web. Giving spiders a more unique playstyle and expanding in how webs are useful is literally an amazing idea! One thing though would be stopping the ensnare from being so easy to proc off. Maybe a good way to capitalize on that would be some sort of activated ability that is on some of the more thematical spiders that costs maybe 3 AP to ensnare the target that is on web terrain causing them to get pinned down.

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Thanks ricky. Personally I don't find spiders underwhelming, they're easily my favorite theme with all the swarming.