Weekly ranked participation rewards are here!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Apr 9, 2014.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Every week, from Wednesday till Wednesday, starting this week (with an extra big prize pool!!!) I will reward everyone participating in ranked play with an X(which can go as high as 40-60k) amount of credits. Based on participation and success I will share the prize pool among all participants.

The share you get is based on points, of which you can maximum gain 100.

Playing ranked games will give you 1 points for each game played with a max of 60 points.

Gaining experience (so not rank) will give you a maximum of 40 points.

Losing experience will also make you lose points, making a loss as a rare league player against a limited player not such a hard hit as you will still gain 1 point for the game.

So just playing and surrendering will result in 0 points.

Because the rewards is mainly to help out new players but not to exclude old veterans the players in the limited league are treated differently and mainly harder. As they in general play quite some games, but experience is not gain in amounts like that of lower ranked players they will have a point max of 100 but each game played is counted as 0.75. Also if they maintain in limited they will be rewarded but dropping back to exotic will cause you to drop a lot in points. (Special treatment, in form of automated tournaments will be given to the strong players with better prices).

PS, in the next few days your points and if you are participating will be visible below the prize pool on the site.

Requirements for participation:

- Have a poxbox account. (Register at www.poxbox.net)

- Must login at least once on poxbox.net that week (before payout)

- Your account must have a validated poxname, this validation is done by making at least 1 successful trade with poxbox on your poxnora accounts, in meanwhile, you should not change your poxname.

- On Wednesday when the event starts you must at least be ranked in common league, unranked players will be ignored. If you gain rank somewhere between the payouts your scores will be ignored and you will participate next week.

Payments will be given on the finishing Wednesday, a list with given out credits is published on a special page. (As I log ranks of every day now it will be possible to see your own ranking history.)

*When there are accounts that use the same poxname the prize will be given to the one that has the most succesful trades with that name.

*Multi accounting is strictly forbidden, if you really play from multiple people from 1 location contact me.

Ranked play just got an extra incentive! How cool :D (I think it is really cool!)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Who is awesome. You are!

This is a great initiative decondor

3. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Very nice.

Question.

Does the validation trade have to be done on a weekly basis or if we've used your site at any point in the past our account is validated?

4. decondor

Any point in the past is good enough.

5. Igghi2

Igghi2 Member

great

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Why not just reward the new players ?

7. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

Because Pox needs not only new players, but players in general who would play PvP. As right now there is half players just farm SP, then 1/4 just lurks around and only small part actually plays actively. I hope this decondor's system will work and it will bring more active (doesn't matter if new or old) players to Pox, who actually plays the game.

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Old players doesn't need runes motivation, they already got what they need to play.

A motivated new player base seems more interesting to me.

9. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

can i check how much points i have and how do i check if my poxname is validated ?

also my login into PB is not my Poxname

Faust at PB (login name) and Faust001 in game is that a problem ?

10. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I love the sentiment in this - it is awesome of you to do this, it seems to me that new players won't gain xp but lose it, so the only players that will benefit are the already rich and good players.

Maybe limit it to below rank 200?

super71 likes this.
  11. decondor

Your poxname on poxbox is what is getting validated, faust you are validated and as stated I will have that information to the site in the next days.

But it is also stupid to completely ignore the currecnt playerbase in this, it is way harder LE players to get 100 points(they need to play more games and if they drop from LE league they hardly get anything) as it is for lower ranked players. The way I made it is for newer players to get incentive to actually play. I hope more and more players because of this will play ranked and also feel it rewarding.

EDIT: Also remember that the rewards itself can give newer players something like a cheap exotics, rares and lower but will hardly buy the better players enough credits to buy the high end runes.

12. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

If we assume normal point distribution and amount of participants as 500, with current pool of 2kk you are getting 80 credits per point (or 8k max).

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is great decondor, good job!
    Although, I share the sentiment that this should be done for players below Limited league.
    Either way, this is a great initiative indeed, I applaud you sir.

14. decondor

I already log for 1 week, so actually I already could pay out but I won't do it without official announchment but these are the offical stats in my site:

I get 1105 players in all ranks. Of which only X amount uses poxbox, so have validated accounts. With this as is, only 81 people will get prices and only 56 if Limited is excluded.

PS. Prices are calculated as following: Prize pool /(Total of all positive points of all validated accounts) * PlayerPoints

15. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Is it possible to publish the names and playerpoints for last week, even if there are no rewards linked to those points?

If 2v2 would be open again, do you also gain points from 2v2 or only 1v1?

16. decondor

2v2 is broken in my opinion, so only 1v1 counts. I am planning to let everyone view the current status of points. Also to let everyone lookup all players in ranked and their rank history.

17. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

this would also encourage high ranked players to start a new alt since the payout would be better. DoG needs a better pvp reward system. I'd play for shards. A rethinking of how to portray Dogs of War could be a good motivator as well.

19. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

cool man

20. decondor

Ragic, that MIGHT be a problem but I have access to most of the trading and the high rankers don't trade too much honestly