Weekly* Rune Discussion: Crystal Wolverine

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Hiyashi, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

So, since we only had one single post in the ST forum since last friday it's probably time for one of these things again.

This time I'll write something about the Crystal Wolverine because I actually kinda like that champion.

cw.jpg

With Rend(1) it can be played for 76 Nora. That is a bit much for your common beater but considering that the wolverine can potentially be buffed up sort of easily that might maybe not be too bad. I use a lot of "maybe" here since I sadly never got to play that thing and I also never witnessed one being played even though on paper it seems sort of decent.

Thirst for Battle seems like an ability that can be easily utilized in combination with the other stuff that ST has to offer. You have full control over when you engage what, so the condition for the permanent DMG and DEF buffs are easily met. And then we have stuff like Blizzard Cloaks, Healing Hands and Snow Blinds to help the thing to stay on the board long enough to deal some damage to something. Zeal will probably come in handy at some point too, especially if you combine it with a Tundra Whisper for Multiattacks for whatever reason.
    And then it also has Rend and Eviscerating Luminescense... they are there, probably doesn't hurt to have.
    Another bonus is that it is a beast and beasts currently still have Boosts and Beast Herder to be buffed with.

Main drawback is that the sprite is rather ugly and that it doesn't have much to offer other than probably being a decent physical melee beater.

My Final Rating: 7/10
    It has some kind of potential
    Notes~
    As said, I never played with these before. So I'm just assuming that Thirst for Battle and Zeal stack since they don't say otherwise.
    Also as you can see I only have one Crystal Wolverine so I'm sad and looking for a second. Feel free to PM me if you are willing to trade me one for something that can be obtained from PoxBox for 200k or less!
    *This is still not happening weekly.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's sprite is cute, the rune is not.

Sirius, SaintKiwi and KingJad like this.
  3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

hmmm....well limited runes are a tough thing to update, I do love the rune though he really should lose rend off his upgrade path as that's the point of his lumi ability.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Remove ranks of rend and add endless devotion to that upgrade path at least.
    Id suggest this tho:

Upgrade Path 1:
    Thirst for battle
    Assault
    Fury

Upgrade Path 2:
    Zeal

Base:
    Attack: Physical
    Arctic
    Endless Devotion
    Eviscerating Luminescence

This champion has an upgrade path that focuses on its brutal nature and another path that focuses on its speed/swiftness/stealth.
    **will finish later

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I miss using him with Punish+ Assault like he was pre-vamp, though that was a bit ridiculous with zeal/thirst for battle. I still kinda wish for Punish so I can at least try Iceguard Bracers tricks.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

so ridiculous almost nobody ever used him heh...

he was quite expensive and really had little staying power, he could lock down a ranged champ, but the situations where locking down a ranged champ while being safe enough that they didn't have an answer were rare.

9 times out of ten they would hit him with a hammer or a blink, or just straight up kill him with their other units. the synergies though were great.

7. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I never liked this dude. I always felt he died to easy for what he did, for me atleast.

I think ST got similiar beaters with a bit better survival abilities as well.

Just my 2 cents.