Weighty and Light as a feather

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by themacca, Aug 24, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Used light as a feather on gnarlwood Oakthumper did not stop weighty from triggering lumbering.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

EDIT: Wrong
    It is intended Weighty to trigger Lumbering. The trick is while you are Flying, Lumbering doesn't affect your movement.

Flying
    This unit ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by terrain and may move across chasm spaces without dying. Immune to the effects of Lumbering unless Grounded.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  3. themacca

light as a feather doesnt grant flying it grants 1 AP mobility and removes lumbering. you have confused with butterfly wings.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Oh my bad, sorry.

In that case, it's working as intended in terms of coding. The spell triggers a function that dispatches Lumbering and gives it back after 6 turns, and doesn't check every time if you have any other source of it.

It might be nice to recode it to consider this kind of scenarios since Weighty is a new ability. But I can hardly see it as top priority.

5. themacca

i think it should just prevent lumbering for 6 turns. cause thats what its intention was. It can be a rather large pain though especially when you consider that after weighty triggers if you use light as a feather and then move again lumbering will come back. should get coded to remove lethargic/lumbering/weighty

Goyo likes this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You are right again. Coding the three abilities it's a nice easy fix. Still the opponent can give you Lumbering, but that's less likely.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You should post that in the Cactuar Crate so Sok doesn't miss it.

8. themacca

yeah your right