What are folks hoping for?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by kagebunshn, Jun 16, 2014.

1. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

The revamp is getting close!

What are my fellow KF players hoping/wishing/praying for?

I have mixed emotions about it. I am pretty sure now that most of favorite runes are going to be nerfed into oblivion, but I am optimistic that other stuff will take their place. I mostly do not like the previews we have seen so far, however I am super happy that the owls have been working so diligently. Also I am glad they went through the trouble of giving us previews at all. I've posted in other threads what my predictions are for a few of the runes. Can't wait to see how close I am on how they turn out.

I hope the devs got to see our revamp threads with our suggestions because its clear a lot of thought went into them and there were some great ideas.

As for my overall hope. I hope KF's main 3 archtypes stay decent. Elves, Beasts, and trees.

General hope is that we have a few good tanking good tanking choices. possibly 1 with unstoppable(one of my favorite abilities). Also I hope we retain decent access to enough alt damage sources to be versatile., and at least a few good healing options.

Lets all cross our fingers!

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I know some of my favorite champs may not come through the revamp nearly as good as before and other "meh" champs may be made viable. Overall, I'll be happy if KF is made, once again, to be the fast faction with many viable ranged options. I have a feeling that, with the reduction of abilities, there will be fewer champs with abilities like Evasive and Dodge. As such, I feel like ranged champions may be even better than they were previously. If I am right, KF may do well.

3. Xirone

My worst fear, conversely, is that KF will be burdened with many champions with terrible HP:NORA ratios.

dsjtheman likes this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

but we already saw garu den mother with an exellent ratio and don't forget that KF can afford to have 5 spd tanks, that will bring nora cost closer to hp.

Also, the revamp is done assuming bonus are balanced between them, that means that the faction with the best bonus will be more powerful than the others, I think KF will reign just after the revamp.

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

My worry (and it's inevitable) is that the standardized nora cost calculator will need a lot of fine tuning. It's a great idea for the game, but it will require several iterations before it's ready for prime time. Separately, I worry that the range-pricing and speed-pricing will heavily readjust the game towards melee, but it's hard to tell whether that will hurt/help KF relative to other factions. Then again, range is difficult to price. I'm not sure that squares covered is the right way to think about it.

6. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I hope most of the tree theme's wonderful synergy remains intact.
    Also that they take the opportunity to extend some of this synergy to plants.

Woffleet and dsjtheman like this.
  7. Xirone

Crossed fingers for Surge: Plant and Boost: Plant!

dsjtheman likes this.
  8. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

One of mine will be the loss of Foment! Its like THE core theme in my decks atm...

I'd also like to see some of the old school favorites get a bit of love

The Elven druid to become 1x1 unless in the forms would be a huge boost to him I feel.

Also i am wondering what will happen with the Charges system is it staying or leaving? Because to me thats something I can see disappearing slowly out the game

9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I'll be happy to see any/all of Ichor, rover, solo, the barbarian clans, and charged abilities removed.

Also...can't some centaurs be small....please? I am expecting skirmisher to be heavily nerfed(and it prolly should be).

Agree with xirone about fearing KF champs will have really bad nora ratios....depending how they calculate ranged cost it could look really really bad.

If mena gets nerfed bad we won't have a single playable hero. mena might not even be good at all anymore thanks to the stupid staff they spoiled. so stupidly OP and completely hard counters like 50% of KFs champs. Bliss is probably getting worse, and fiorn is kinda overcosted atm so might actually get better. Be sucky if we ended up without a single playable hero.

In general the last preview is pretty nice I think. Except the staff which makes me wonder WTF they were thinking like the original Renovator stats.

10. Xirone

I'd love to see Forest Dragon become a 1x1 champion. I've always liked that champ but a 2x2 support champion is awkward. It stays in the back where you have to use its AP to prevent it from constantly getting in the way of newly deployed champs. Any champion with healing breath is inherently cool.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

All centaurs have running strike!

12. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

each faction will have a very different meta game... thats what im looking forward to. the change in meta game itself will be refreshing in itself so to me it doesnt matter THAT much which champs become standard in kf bgs.

Xirone likes this.
  13. Xirone

Oh yeah, it would be great if the devs continue to listen to the players and update champions that may be under-performing after the revamp goes live. If Elven Mage, for example, sucks eggs after the revamp, hopefully they'd be okay with changing things around a little.

14. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'd like for each faction to have a meta-viable deck that is easily available. I'd also like for the best sprites for each faction to be extremely rare (and to be buyable for $$$). DOG needs to make money, and this approach has worked in other games. The best improvement for this game (though) would be to make it more easily accessible to new players. I was scared off by the complexity/investment of the game. I was mistaken, and I'm glad I stayed around, but there's a deterrent there.