What are you Guys Running

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Vorian, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Why the random yetis? If u want disease run Cultist.

3. Vorian

Yeh I have dropped the Yetis for Draksar Pursuers, but I might try out Ritual Cultists...

4. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Is this mixed meta? Kind of an odd deck

5. Vorian

Well put it this way as soon as I deploy a Draksar Fabricator and then a Farcrags tardigrade I normally win. Anyway the Ritual Cultist is for healing the Farcrags Tardigrade and the Guardians of Eretat. But yeh the deck covers detect, magic damage, range etc...

6. DrSteve

I can see fabs and tardis making mixed meta maybe, but the rest of the champset seems questionable. Ill post my mixed meta after work

7. Vorian

Thx! I am not really sure about what I am doing with SL deck building, but I know the Rip Demon is OP as well.

8. DrSteve

I think ripdemons are pretty awful outside of SL/UD fire. too low hp, slow, no damage mitigation abilities. CA melee + high damage isn't enough to make a rune runnable imo.

[​IMG]

Thats what I would run if I was forced to run SL mixed meta. Tons of sand modules and AoE clearing which is very strong in this meta. You have 8 sources of sand spray, 2 of acid/lightning bomb, and locust swarm on champs. Then add in the ludicrous efficiency of sandstorm (7 damage AoE 4 for 25 nora is pretty much unrivaled as far as damage per nora goes, letalone the dmg debuff and terrain creation) thanks to spellsurge and the two burning sands, and your potential for killing multiple champs in a turn is quite high.

You retain your healing tardigrade/guardian preference with heal champ 3 on the manticores, and you have sandkip's sirocco to further exacerbate their tankiness. Non-AoE spellset is preference based, feel free to add/drop based on what you like. Dunewalker's mantles and banner are obvious must includes though.

Replacement for harbs would be skeezick alchemists for sure. They fill the same role of reinforcing the fight quickly and getting kills from the runedock. With harbs getting nerfed in like 3 straight patches alchs are actually likely better, but I would have to test. I prefer bolters to dartwings because of their increased mobility and damage output. Locust is in there purely to deal with summon spam; he's a lot worse than he used to be and isn't an autodeploy anymore. I'm also eventually going to test out the viability of krikkinwing alpha vs. eretat guardian; the repeated nerfs to the guardian make me think krik alpha might be better. It's just hard to pass up the damage boost in a bg with a bunch of beasts and dragons.

Just a side note, this deck was way better before the expansion. I used to have eminents in there with groundstriker (hit for 30 with mantle lol) and locust, eretat guardian, and tardigrade have all been nerfed since then. The deck was very very strong back then (probably on par with dragons), but I'm not sure of its viability right now.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Qucas and Karamasov like this.
  9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Ripdemons are good. Surge enemy, 2 defence and counterattack for low 60 nora with violent. Granted, I wouldn't run them in meta but that's because you don't really need beaters in meta.

They also don't have regen which is refreshing.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

with all that AOE i'd totally run a Peridot Sphere