What do we have to counter Vothsair Ireguard

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Fleshbits, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Fleshbits

Fleshbits Member

I am noobing up the SL this week.

I got a budget sand deck going. I am wondering what do we have to counter the likes of Vothsair Ireguard and big baddies like him?

He is pretty much one hitting anyone that gets into melee range and you have to be in melee range to hit him. In other factions, I had some DOT equips and root spells and the like. What do we use?

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Sand is probably one of the easier themes. Sand Spray lowers its damage by 3 and does 8 damage. You can also petrify it with Dunes Manticore, then kill it at melee range with alt damage. You can also use Sandspout or Verdict of Derifos to blind it.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  3. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Sand Spray is probably the strongest aoe ability and an SL exclusive too. Bombs and other aoe attacks are also great in dealing with Ireguards and other Arrow Eaters from range. Skywing Imperator, Vindrax, Akakios, Skeezick Alchemist, Skeezick Machinist, Skeezick Torch are some very viable units with strong aoes.

Karamasov likes this.
  4. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Sandhunter and manticore are the two most budget friendly in theme options. Demonic Sandclaw hits for 16 w sandstriker and has counter attack melee. That's not a perfect counter since ireguard can hit from range 1-2. Sandstriker Lord is another one that hits hard... Like 17 w/sandstriker. He can also take a hit. Both of those are only rares.

I think ideally you weaken him with champ based AoE then try and one round him in melee if possible.