what do we have ?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by undred, Aug 10, 2014.

1. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

i mean seriously . i am looking at ST and i see nothing that i can relate to ! we no longer have amp , lonx and yeti tribals are a joke , beasts only have 1 damage type .

what else do we have ? i am thinking on either spliting or changing faction or stopping playing for a while...

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Just shove a bunch of Jakei together and call it a theme deck.

On second thought, Ferrens look cool.
    The Discipline abilities, not so much, but the sprites are neat.

Come to SL, we have dragons! (and that's about it, unless you play squishicks)

3. undred

ferrens look cool but they only have 1 ranged unit -.-

disciplines may be a theme if calisk idea comes through , but until then it looks rather mehh .

i am thinking about wither splitting with some faction . or building an IS bg

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

maybe you are looking at the runes in a wrong way, a theme sometimes is more than just some sprites that look like the other or a same ability present in all the champions, learn to identify mechanical synergy and try to implement it.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Ah, I know.
    Play a NKD battlegroup and annoy everyone.

6. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Yetis work, I've seen them run by a few players in the high ranks.

7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

ST to I die

daeminicus likes this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Beasts are OP, Yetis are good, Frost is ehh

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yep from all my tests with yeti's atm they are pretty good, actually reminds me a bit of old lonx, where a lot of weight is currently on keeper to make the deck work, where in lonx it was chieftain.

deck works without keeper, but the range and nora gen helps and yeti's lack good range without him, which was a similar issue to chieftain in lonx, though chief had a lot more racial synnergy.

the racial is actually solid though it might need a slight tap up, i've gotten a lot of suggestions but feel free if you have some opinion on what it should be.

anyway we'll see how things turn up over the next few weeks, I am trying to push through a single buff for several theme with each patch, it will be slow but it avoids needless over buffes that will need to be undone later and waste design time, I'm limited in what I can target in number so that's the main thing that will slow things done the most.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  10. undred

that kind of makes me feel better i supose , at leasti thought yetis looked overcosted. but it may not be so. will try them out ...

if you are trying to make disciplines work try to get us more range :/ giving a discipline to someone like mindstriker would be very useful.

11. KingJad

yeti are good although they get boring pretty quick

12. undred

just made a yeti deck :p

but i was feeling rather down , our cooler themes are all mehhh . elementals are mehhh , amp is mehhhh , beast is mehhh even disciplines sound mehhh (at least for now )

13. undred

beasts only have 1 dmg type ... i don't have doomies so the best i can get is howler ...

14. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Putting a rune or two that is not a beast in a beast deck isn't going to break it. Thundra Whispers are probably your best bet.
    Amp really doesn't even look that bad on paper.
    Crystal Dragon, Crystal Mastodon, Ice Snap and that ST/SL dragon (Edit: .. and the Titan... and Crystal Howler... and Tundra Whisper...) are semi-playable if you really want to run an elemental deck.. uh.. yeah I don't know. :c

Thundra Cats are a thing from now on.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  15. undred

ahahahahahahahah NO

16. calisk

I can send you my deck at some point if you'd like undred, it's been working for me quite well.

far more interesting to use then beasts to me.

takes awhile to get used to using abominable, I still forget a lot.

17. undred

i have built one but feel free to post yours :p

when is the next patch ? do you have any info on that ?

18. calisk

no idea yet myself. I'm hoping soon so I can move onto my next set of suggestions, also will be useful to see how much actually goes through from my suggestions.

19. undred

try to get us an elemental dragon st/sl theme going on :p it sounds soo cool XD

20. KingJad

pls do splits last calisk. ty

Goyo likes this.