What do you want ST to be?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Hiyashi, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Forever ago, for a short time at least, ST was the "control" faction in the game. Kinda what the color blue is for MtG. We had a lot of impending snow, a bunch of ice, gale forces, at some point incredibly OP Nora Freezes.

That feel of control eventually died out and while we still have those Ice Storms and Gale Forces and some (to me) new additions in the "blue wisdom/control" field I hardly ever feel "in control". Seems like beasts are the best thing to play right now and they are as close to the simple minded "beat it until it dies" strategy as it gets. With our "new thing", NKD, we even give up control completely in favor of standing around and hoping that our enemies kill themselves by attacking a counter-attacking monkey or whatever.

Generally speaking I don't like where ST is right now or where it is headed. I'd love to go back to the days when we threw snow and cones at everybody~

So, my unreasonable wish for christmas would be for ST to become the "medicore champions / strong field control and champion control" faction.

What are your (un)reasonable expectations for the Tundra? Or are you actually happy with where we are right now?

This post is powered by Boredom At Work™

2. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wish ST was like it was stated when I started.
    Great and massive AoE´s (ice storm, deep freeze. at that time) and great ranged units! (shardmaster was the best ranged unit when started, 7 years ago!)

I want us to go back to be the aoe faction and great ranged units, with some decent melee beaters and good tanks.

Ppl will hate to play against us. So it wont happen.

The Savage Tundra is ruled by the majestic Jakei and the beastly Lonx. The Jakei, once elves, have adapted to their frozen realm over the centuries and can now control the frigid landscape that surrounds them.

"The power of the Savage Tundra faction lies in their ability to immobilize the enemy with devastating area-of-effect spells and ranged frost attacks. If you enjoy playing a chilly game of freeze tag with your opponents, The Savage Tundra may be the faction for you."

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  3. Hiyashi

Yeah, I remember that being the main reason for the big "snow nerfs" of whenever it happened. And it only went downhill from there.. at least from my point of view. Though with the new old leadership there is at least a little bit of hope for the return of the annoying faction. <_<; ... right?

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would want ST to be less "too much HP I can't handle" and more "I am constantly Frozen, Chilled, Swaped, Stormed, Crystalized, Snowed nerf ST!".

The themes because I love ST are Frost Amp, Freezing-like effects and Snow-around manipulation. All unattended and too much nokhanboredom.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I heard overwhelming people with gigantic piles of HP is extra fun and its what the new Pox should aim for. Not.

daeminicus likes this.
  6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

indeed control was always what I wanted for st, and I pushed it in that direction as much as possible.

terrain themes were something SOE would not push, sadly control in general was highly beat down by them.

ideally I'd like to see more runes like this one, it's in my docs of various st rune ideas, it makes use of a few abilities I created so I didn't bother posting it since they only ever make one new ability at a time, but it's a good reference for the direction I wish st would go in.

jakei trapper - picture of a jakei throwing a chain of ice up to grab a snow lerper out of the air

hp: 34

speed: 6

range: 1-3

damage: 12

def: 1

abilities -

attack - frost

arctic

ensnare

tundra tactics - When this champion successfully attacks a champion occupying ice or snow that champion is confused and grounded for 2 turns.

hidden - tundra

upgrades 1:

snow strike

lay - snow trap

curse of snow - target enemy champion within 4 spaces loses Icewalker( basically nullifying arctic ) and gains snow front for 4 turns. ( this does not break stealth ).

upgrades 2:

domain snow

shadow step

snow guard - this champion gains evasive 2 and spell resistance while occupying ice and snow.

ensnare might be a bit much, but I tried to make him a little softer to make up for it, I'd find out in testing i suppose, not that that will happen heh

7. Pedeguerra

I dont think Id run this unit...

Either way it doesnt matter, it seems Gedden only listens to a handful of people so try to be friends with him before proposing changes.

8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well at least I know it's not an auto include ^^

I thought the mix of grounding confusing and ensnaring would pretty much trap an enemy unit if you took something like snow strike.

of course for that to occur they need to already be occupying ice and snow.

given all combined he would effectively remove 2 abilities and cause even flying champs to need to spend 3 ap per movement point.

obviously it goes without saying he'd need to be put into a deck dedicated to terrain generation but that was what I was trying to push. Tundra tactics was my "racial" for the terrain deck.

9. Ninao

Ninao Member

I would like to see Transfear Life and Charge Heal on ST,

Would like a nora discount on the Jakei Frost Queen

And we need more champions with Frost Amp, would like to see the Blizzard Elemental cheaper, even if it lose snowfall for that, 65, 63 nora would be really good

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Do you have any motivation to keep up on suggestions? Did you see the patch of this week?

11. Pedeguerra

We need a new council member ASAP so he can buff all the things he play.
    Go candidates!

12. Hiyashi

The patch was disheartening. I don't know why it was decided to tone down the terrain effect of Ice Storm but it once again feels like a step in the wrong direction. Though I'm sure that if enough people ask for something long enough it will eventually happen. All things considered the Owl Dev Team isn't our enemy. At least in theory they want us to be happy so we can spend more money on their product which allows them feed themselves and their families... and maybe buy another Ferrari or two.
    So all we have to do now is finding enough people who don't want ST to be a hit-you-in-face faction who spend a part of their free time with complaining about how things go and suggesting how things should be... ... that might be not easy with the rather small playerbase we have now. :x

Really though. If you care about ST you should post your wishes and desires somewhere. I'm sure Gedden will eventually read them and maybe even think about them! *naive*

daeminicus likes this.
  13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Everyone here feels the same about that, noone wants to be a fatty of the north!

And come on! I've created the Suggestions Thread here... (on day 1 when everyone was complaining about the revamp, senshu liked it but none of what we have said there was considered, and i've seen anywhere our suggestions are bad so we can approeach them difderently)

14. Hiyashi

Every designer has a plan for their work. Some kind of goal they want to archive. And while many will accept feedback and suggestions it's often true that the further your feedback is away from the preset goal of the designer, the less likely it's that said suggestions will be considered. I think at this point it's clear that the Development Team of Pox Nora has other plans for ST than.. well.. I do? .. I was about to write "other plans for ST than STs playerbase" but I guess I can't speak for all of you.
    In any case. I think that at this point suggesting how a champions upgrade path should look like or what the nora cost of an ability should be isn't the way to go. We should probably try to set the general direction towards a more favorable goal first before we start addressing the details.

Goyo likes this.
  15. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Very interesting, and very very sad to realize. If we have been ignored without a word, that would be the end for me.

16. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure people have been asking for the reduction in the duration of ice from Ice Storm for a while now. It was pretty ridiculous. You know, the whole "make my champs slower and yours faster."

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Can confirm. Was a nice change, but a very specific not priority one when there are TONS of dead themes in the faction...

18. Hiyashi

I've been on the forums on a daily basis since I've made my not that glorious return to the game. Since then I haven't seen a single complaint about the negative effects of prolonged exposure to frozen ground. Though I've seen countless of threads about KF Trees and SP things. The only thread that I've seen come close to the Ice Storm issue was somebody complaining about Arctic being very powerful in the first turn.

19. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

It's definitely been requested quite a few times pre-revamp. I think the stupidity of Trees has overshadowed it (among other things).

I agree. ST is ridiculously boring right now. There's, what, Beasts and meta? The thing is though, I'm not too fond of the argument "There's UP/boring things in my faction so the OP runes should be left alone."

20. Pedeguerra

Yeah, pretty much. One could say that some themes were way over the top (flying and Amp, mostly), but for the most part ALL ST themes were playable at some point. I worked under the "council" for SOE for 2 years (1 when Calisk was still on it), and I take great proud to say that I helped get all ST themes viable and fun, with interesting mechanics (main guy here was Soko, but I helped).
    To see all that work down in the toilet by some guy who has no clue on the game made me pissed off being imagination.

daeminicus likes this.