what does a FS meta deck look like now?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Compost, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

FS has been my main faction since returning to this game, I've made a deck of most of their main themes and have a lot of the good exos and legendaries, so I figured I'd try and throw a meta group together.

So what do you guys use? 2x overminds seem like they would always be a good include. Moog is meta right? Are any of the mirefolk worth including or is semi aquatic to shitty outside a deck made for it? Are stillwater mutants still worth it without a psychic anguish champ always out like they are in psychic?

2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Not sure about overminds as you are never really short of ranged damage, and whatever ranged you bring really needs to be a worthwhile investment (note they are almost same cost as augurs). I'll just give you a list of decent stuff.
    Champs:
    Heroes (Kartch probably only auto atm he has quite ridiculous stats)
    Moog
    Sixul (great stats)
    Mindshredders (2x auto)
    Glowing slider is pretty g
    Angel (meh)
    Doombringer (not meh)
    Harby (pretty good)
    Tortun Fishkisser (solid tank)
    Poison eles (great runes)
    Snaptooth ancient (huge range 1x auto from what I've seen and all upgrades are viable)
    chipped boulder and fracturing boulder (chipped probably auto)
    Darkmarsh enforcer
    Mucker (depends what non champs you run imo)
    Augur (good if you feel like you need more ranged)
    Boghopper shaman (i'd rather run a cleansing mist)
    Tortun captain (alright)
    Swamp thing (alright)
    Stillwater mutant (alright)
    Snaptooth dusk shaman (if you need more ranged damage)
    Firk Mindbreaker
    Finlord's neophyte
    Boghopper glutton
    etc.
    etc.

Spells:
    Backfire (boon) (probably auto)
    Bubble (probably auto)
    Cleansing mist (auto 1-2)
    Bog trap (meh)
    Drown
    Erode
    Flood
    Font eruption
    Hungry Mire
    Loot
    Marsh Song
    Noraweave
    Monsoon
    Murkwater weakness
    Poison fumes
    Psychic conundrum
    Pygmy hippo stampede (lol2x)
    Reverb blast
    Spore pox
    Undertow

Relics:
    Whatever you want but generally
    Poison Trap
    Banner
    Cannon

Equipment:
    Likewise
    Horn
    Destiny
    Tome of the arcanis
    Emergency kit
    etc.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cxncgICq-cqWc58cjiczwc8UcafcoHcbTct5civs1s6Ts7wsqS5Bs54rNrWr2a
    Pretty good base.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

My most recent meta deck.
    Untitled.png

4. Compost

Interesting that the suggestions and decks posted here are almost entirely running 1 copy of every champion. It seems like almost everyone uses decks composed of mostly 2x with one or two 1x. How come you guys just run 1 copy of things?

5. GoldTiger

I'd say its because we don't have a rune that is way outlier on the overly efficient scale, and as such we just have a bunch of runes that fill roles. I'm almost certain, however, that if you took away our crutch PHS you would see far more 2x due to the actual need for meaningful gameplay strategies and synergies rather than just otk something and snowball.

6. Compost

Makes sense I guess, I thought people just did it for consistency, but I guess if there's no particular synergy it doesn't matter. How do void mages feel in a meta deck? To expensive without amp? They're one of my favorite runes in the game I'll probably throw them in for fun

7. GoldTiger

Yeah probably too expensive for how fragile he is. Not sure how void shield makes him but I'm sure it's still fragile.

8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yeah a tad too expensive for how easily they can be one rounded, theyre pretty awesome though, i also really like them.

I run more 1xs than 2xs because i like to experiment with tech cards and things, i also like to try and cover multiple bases and have plenty of options. Off top of my head, only FS champion runes id want to run 2x atm are Augur, Doomball (flying map rotation), Mindshredder and Fracturing Boulder. I just prefer options and i dont like to run too many champs, i like my spell/relic/equip options too.