What is the Ironfist top tier?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I have been top 10 since the revamps release. The first deck I constructed was, you guessed it, constructs.

Overall this bg has alot of things going for it, Cheap viable options that fill roles, powerful spells, synergy that builds onto making sturdy goliaths that will annoy you all game. Utility and others make it easy to pick up and play.

After I extensively played the whole theme finding which variation is strongest one that I now keep. I then proceeded to play the game using the other themes and I have found that many bg's in IS are handicapped against efficient bg's while constructs succeed in this category.

I tried to play paladins, Dwarves, barbarians, leoss and trolls and they all feel like they are under efficient compared to other factions runes thematic general races.

Barbs have kind of be "recrutched" in this regard but an expensive war chief like wild chieftain keeps the Bg behind in deploys more often than usual not to mention the racial is bugged.

Paladins often are one rounded if you don't spend nora protecting them. Euan, talgar and bastion are all remarkable but they make great targets for spot removal effects and this destroys them. units that are incredible like the new Ironfist warsaint are very powerful but units are completely focused down

Next Dwarves are in an weird spot at the moment, imo. They are surprisingly powerful when a brew is removed from them and any unit that is a dwarf receives the enraged portion(reason why a lot of high powered range is unequippable). But before this happens, a set up must occur and if you can't get the setup "going" then more than often the strategy will fail. I have tried this with some of the griffens but over all, too many units in Dwarves waste a slot of enrage as their upgrades and the carouse theme is harder to pull of than something like "abominable"

Next leoss are severely handicapped in both efficiency and power while almost nothing exist to make them have more damage output than the enemy forces.

I would put us in the only truly "balanced spot" since we have the fewest offenders in game winning efficiency and the most expensive core runes. Balanced isn't the same as saying OP or UP... its just both and deck and map dependent and matchup dependant

What do you guys feel IS is at after a full week of being dominated by immortal siblings, KF trees and squirrels, yeti spirits running a muck, and full hp zombies getting flung on your relics?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

all i hear is booty booty booty booty rockin errywhere

3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

inb4baskitkasewannabeblackinterpretation

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

bichez be rekunizin IS like dey shuld

6. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Silly. So constructs is pretty much it at the moment. Are other factions having the same issues? I know FW is having issues with their Witch theme and Serkan. ST frost amp got nerfed with Ice Caster, Frostfall Icewisp and Ice Elemental all losing Amplify Frost. I hope the owls keep tabs on all the themes we used to have and keep statistics on win/loss/number of games played both before and after the revamp so they can see where the game needs to be changed to make the most themes viable. This is what makes a great game. The more viable themes to play the more this game will keep interesting and fun. It's not fun to always see the same themes in the top meta and most of the themes unplayable. Every single faction should have at least 5 viable themes. The main split factions, Leoss, Stitched, Tortuns, etc. should all be viable.