What makes Disease Amp a thing

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Djangoguy, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

What does Amplify Disease a thing like other Amplify themes?

Acid have a relic to bump damage, easy cap at 50%+ DMG, support abilities like Vigor: Acid, Acid Acolyte, Acid Greeting and even Siphon: Scoured.

Psychic have mostly a race to get this working, nothing to say here.

Should I even say about Frost, Fire and Poison?

What makes Disease unique?

It seems that Disease Amp is not supposed to be a theme. There's no gimmicks outside meta stuff here, even Electricity do better as a theme than Disease, how we can get this working? ᕦ༼༎ຶ_༎ຶ༽ᕗ

Netherzen likes this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If Disease is going to see future support, I'd hope it keeps its own particular feel about the element. Frost, Psychic, Fire, Poison, and Electricity all have some elemental synergy, but it's not just raw amplification, each of them also plays a particular way and uses their elemental components to a different end. Because Disease often uses small bits of damage, such as Aura or DoTs, amplification would feel out of place -- it would rest on break-points and do little for the core mechanics.

Joker, Djangoguy and Netherzen like this.
  3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I aways thought it would be interesting if disease was an elemental theme for FW.I would play it if it was possible.

Joker and Djangoguy like this.
  4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

There are a couple of things which i think prevent disease from being run as a theme.

Firstly, there are very few champions which actually have disease as their attack type. As opposed to something like psychic amp which has access to a wealth of ranged psychic attack options. Aside from D.Breath this leaves Rabid and D.Aura as more or less your only options to actually benefit from the amp and considering the numbers you will rarely get any benefit from this.

The second issue is that actually maintaining a decent level of amp is a challenge in itself, Ghouls are a perfectly meh champion and Moga/A.Corpse are both very dispensable squishy champions. Running 2x Moga and 2x A.Corpse in my zombie deck i usually find that unless i'm camping, maintaining anything over 20% for more than a couple of turns is nigh on impossible.

The combination of these two problems means that you very rarely actually get any benefit from the disease amp. Due to the low numbers of damage from Rabid or Aura you usually need 30-40% to increase the damage by a single digit and get any benefit whatsoever. Taking into consideration the sources of disease damage this means that D.Breath is basically the only reliable source of disease damage worth running with amp.

Having a relic or equip that had as little as 10% disease amp would make a huge difference to this, it would give you a source of amp that could be conserved safely in a font or on a valuable champion and would make reaching that magic number of 50% amp where the auras and dots actually start to gain benefit from amp a much more realistic goal.

My completely zombie biased solution is to rework Pestilence into: Equipped champion gains Amplify Disease, if it is a Zombie then it also gains Black Death.

Joker and Djangoguy like this.
  5. Djangoguy

We need a Plague Elemental (better name than Disease Elemental IMO) RF_Concept_PlagueElemental.png

and a Plague Doctor plague_doctor_hat_by_tombanwell-d6bzaad.jpg

I can see play to the Ghoul out of shoebox

More grant: aura, cast: plague, deploy plague trap and so on

I hope we could get disease amp out the zombie style - no lumbering stuff (ok on swarms)

maybe fast undead rats to spread disease to anyone

sorry i'm getting high here

6. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Thing is, disease is the only DoT that isnt only dmg, it also gives inhibited, which makes it really powerfull. Not saying it shouldnt be developed as a theme, but if it does, it should take that into account not to make it na over the top theme!

7. Djangoguy

Poison gets -1DMG and -1DEF and Scour gets -1DEF, Inhibited is not that strong on today's meta with lots of spot cleanse.

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I disagree, it really depends on which faction you are against. UD bleed for example has its healing shutdown very easily by a disease heavy bg.

9. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

UD will get hit hard, really hard. And an theme with the only counter being Cleanse, it will be OP as hell (since it will be an Zombie with some different sets).

10. Djangoguy

Untitled.jpg

this is what I've been running so far, Doom Balls here for Black Death and Atack: Magical, funny stuff but I just can't win games with this lol