What to do with Jellebrium?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Boozha, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Please post your ideas on how to construct a successful Jelly deck here. Bear in mind that Extispicers are expensive as sin and I for one can't afford them.

My current BG - very unrefined, though it netted me a (probably undeserved) victory against Hospy:

(Currently busy trying to figure out how to do PB's wonderful insert stuff, bear with me :s) (Edit 2 ... Screw it, using poxbase)

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/chmCq-CVCdgCdhCdkCdjColcafs1s6TsqS33s44s34s5BrNrWe2le3oe2we1X

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  2. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Been trying with many builds, mixing modules, and trying to be successful with Jellies(being rather sloppy player myself). I will post a build(builds?), and some afterthoughts. I also cut Extispicers, first to one, later to none. I consider them as a badly designed rune.

3. only

only Active Member

4. Boozha

Bump, you losers. Post more ideas!

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I hear they go well with Peanut Butter...

SaintKiwi likes this.
  6. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/ChmC21CdgCdhCdkCdjColCt5cf_C5qSdS33S3GS34rWEZ

This is the one I use; I don't know how optimized it is, but it's really fun to play. (not sure how fun it is to play against :p) Lots of neat little tricks to use, as well. I use psychic auras on the darkweavers, and the firk mask protects my own champs from it, as well as amplifies my psychic damage, of which I have a lot. Some champs like neuromancer are also immune psychic, so I can position them next to darkweavers if i want. In addition to the psychic stuff, I have a water module as well, primarily for drowns. (I love the drown spell) The mindbreakers can get -really- deadly if the opponent doesn't detect them; they regularly instagib champions with one assassinate. The Thing is probably a silly rune to use here, but I just really like it for some reason. (I also only own one of them) I also don't have any extispicers. Some of the jellies are surprisingly tanky as well, like the skycaller. And nobody, and I mean -nobody-, expects forced evolutions... :p I find it's actually pretty good, though; for 65 nora, you basically save a champ that is probably worth more than that, plus give it aquatic, which with the water gen is usually a good thing. The upgrades should be pretty much auto/obvious on most of the champs. For the lightbringers, I've been using multiattack/speed, but majestic looks pretty good as well. I decided not to use it just because in the ideal situation, my lightbringers aren't ever adjacent to anything; were it a melee unit instead, I almost certainly would take majestic over one of the other two, probably speed. I find the psychic blasts are a little underwhelming, despite all the psychic units/amp, but I'm not sure what else to use in their place. I also see you're using a horn of order; I didn't own any at the time I made this, which was before the rune forge. (horn of order was the most valuable rare in the game at the time, more than many exo/leg)

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What about this concept?
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CtC5fCdgCdhCdkCdjC5LColcoHCo7s1sds6-smsWS34rNrWr2ae1X
    trying to reduce the damage potential of the enemy to the max, with majestic, shroud, drudgery, nora drain, mindwipe aura and gloomwater, and taking advantage of that with hard to one round champions (sixul would find a place too) and a good amount of healing with double shaman. It would win through attrition, making your champions last and picking off enemies slowly or with alpha moves with psychic jab/psychic strike, or TLC or tome of the arcanis.

8. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

I think I'm really going to have to look at a way to fit Firk Diplomat into my deck... I've only got one and don't remember it being so good; was it buffed at some point? I don't remember it having marsh awakening, for instance.

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

10. Boozha

Thanks for all the input; as some games have taught me, Jellebrium are unusually long-shot for FS, so it is very unusual to me ... I usually rush or at least do the midgame, while Jellies only get their real power mid to late. I think I'll incorporate some stalling tactics from your BG's and post the result.

11. Muddled

Muddled Member

Yes diplomats were buffed a great deal in one of the shoebox buff patches about a year ago I think? They are currently one of my favorite runes. I find that +speed and majestic 2 makes them a handful to deal with and I like it more than speed and multi 2.

12. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

What is the role of Forglar Jellyfish on this BG since she doesnt have Jellebrium Mind??

13. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

forglar jellyfish was an original rune, but later was deemed a jellyfish as such jellies were introduced. Then we all feared the 38 nora jellyfish...it toke 4 nerfs , but today people care about aspect of violence and what not. so we're fine relatively(it was a massive bug with pool of dreams or something of the sort that was triggered with local deployment and replicate to perma impenetrable and some other festivity of nora gen). But then again, wasn't a bug and still is viable if we have another replicator out their? some one try to revive the battlegroup?

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Why such the small writing?
    This is what he said for those who cannot read it:
    Forglar jellyfish was an original rune, but later was deemed a jellyfish as such jellies were introduced. Then we all feared the 38 nora jellyfish...it toke 4 nerfs , but today people care about aspect of violence and what not. so we're fine relatively(it was a massive bug with pool of dreams or something of the sort that was triggered with local deployment and replicate to perma impenetrable and some other festivity of nora gen). But then again, wasn't a bug and still is viable if we have another replicator out their? some one try to revive the battlegroup?

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

The battlegroup used wavecrushers and forglar jellies to... well to just win, i don't think it's revivable (thank god), but Moles1909 still has some videos of it on youtube i believe if you want to see it in action.

16. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Thing with the Forglar Jellyfish was probably more that it was granted the ability to regenerate and teleport aroudn and not be hindered by its aquatic ability. You just placed it somewhere early game, played with your normal Jellies and then later roflstomped around a bit with an army or Jellyfish.
    I should have a screenshot somewhere where I had like 20 of them surrounding the enemy shrine and all deployment spots.

17. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I hear you can make a paste out of them.

18. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

Hmm guys thx for all the replies but none really answered my question. I understand all the debuffs, but NOW, with all of them, is there a place for Jellyfish on Jellebrium BG? Or perhaps ANY BG?

19. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

No.
    Yes. For when you want to outchamp your opponent badly of if he relies on magic damage. If you get some good healing going, like in split with KF and also make it a treefolk you can get some pretty amazing results.

20. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You can make a forglar jellyfish work in a jellebrium deck if your running tortun favored for healing and water support.